Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

A little bit, but I suppose you could say The Last of Us casts a long loving shadow.

He really hates it and can't process why people like it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd actually say it's fine to jump in on. Watch a recap. it's not like Uncharted is a super deep story. probably best to play all 4, but if someone is only going to play one of them, 4 is the one to play.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why isn't anyone talking about everyones favorite Dark victorian monster hunting game, The Order 1886 yet?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Buy a pro if you enjoy those youtube videos of people staring at random brick textures for ten minutes or clocking and extra 4 FPS more than actually playing games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fix posted:

Is Diablo 3 supposed to be a cakewalk? It won't let me turn up the difficulty any more until I get an unspecified number of additional skills and legendary items, but the ones I have already are making this game far too easy. I went through the first 30 levels or so last night and was just sorta bored by the end of it. I've only had to back off a fight once and had to heal maybe two or three times in five hours.

Yeah it's the easiest most mindless game I've ever played

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not really a detractor. I'm mostly joking. I just think people that keep saying it's a no brainer is silly, since OG PS4s and slims are going to be totally fine for a lot of people and they are substantially cheaper. I have played some games on the pro on a 4K TV and it really didn't wow me enough to want to bother upgrading any time in the near future. I don't think it's illogical to want one if you are buying a new system though. It's also fine to not give a poo poo about the pro because there really isn't that much to get excited about with it currently.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FadedReality posted:

Yeah I mean I get that the PS4 Pro is an objectively better machine and the games look objectively better. Saying it's a waste of time or money to even look at a slim starts to smell like the "if you're not running two of the latest graphics card you're a peasant" elitism that makes the PC gaming community so obnoxious. I always liked that console gaming chat with based entirely around the games because everyone was using the same machine.

:agreed: I hate the amount of quibbling about frame rates and resolutions this console generation has spawned.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Abzu was worth playing but I wouldn't pay more than 10 bux for it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So uh, does watch dogs 2 ever end? I've been playing this game for a month and I seriously have no idea how much is left. Last mission I did was the robot factory.

lol this game is so long.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How much side stuff have you done? Watch Dogs 2 is going to be the first in my New Open World Paradigm where I only do story missions and side quests that seem unique

This is exactly how I play every open world game. I never do poo poo that doesn't interest me. It still feels like its way longer than say, GTA 5 but my view might be skewed because I've done quite a but of MP and it doesn't really hook me for extended sessions like GTA 5 did. I usually quit after an hour or 2. It still feels crazy long though. there are ton of main story missions. On top of that I;ve probably only done half of the side missions I have run into and there are plenty I havent found.

SamuraiPaul posted:

You're like literally right at the end. You got like two main story missions left. Which is a shame because I'm going to miss invading your game and hacking you.

Well, hit me up and we can get in hacking wars whenever. Although I may trade it in to get TLG I'm not sure yet.

RE hacking: As much as I enjoy hacking it's kind of a bummer they didn't really try to do anything new with it after the first game. It's fun but it's so half baked it's almost always better to do something boring, like hiding vs. really trying to screw with someone. It's actually a step back because the first game had retaliation and they removed it for some inexplicable reason. It's still fun but it had so much potential.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 12, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's kind of crazy that Sony basically kept the same controller design for like 20 years. If it was the perfect controller, sure but it was already feeling like a POS by the OG Xbox controller redesign.

I credit the DS3 as the main reason I played 90% of games on Xbox last gen.

DS4 is the best controller ever made outside of the thumbsticks which I will always dislike.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Shadow225 posted:

I don't like the hanging triggers. I feel like I'm damaging them when I place it on a hard surface

Yeah that is a good point. Although they feel fine enough for gameplay I still think Xbox has better triggers. They are super prone to accidental pushes when the controller is set down.

I'd say.

DS4-Best ergonomics, best D-pad by a mile, best feeling buttons, best feeling bumpers.

Xbox-best thumbsticks, best triggers

subjective- thumbstick placement

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

I had to do a bunch of grinding early in my first playthrough of Dark Souls 1 to repent for the sin of putting my controller down for a moment while I was standing on front of Andre of Astora.

That happened to me in Demon's Souls. The cat walked over the controller while I was pissing and aggroed the nexus vendor 50 hours in.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

Apologies if this has already been covered, but how the gently caress is Ark, currently an early access game on steam, currently selling for $55 on PS4?

Not only that, there's loving DLC? How in the gently caress is there DLC on an unfinished game?

What the poo poo?

Yeah it's baffling. The weirdest part is that there are usually 3 full parties of people playing it when I'm checking parties. It looks like a joke.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Renoistic posted:

Sounds good :) I can get the physical disc for the same price as the PSN sale so I'll probably get that. It's awfully convenient to just dowload it though.

What PSN sale? Are you not in the US? I got all excited for a minute but I'm seeing $60.

I'm kind of pissed that reviews pegged TLG at around 8 hours and now I'm hearing 15 from people. I'd have been more inclined to buy it earlier if I knew that. I think I'm just going to stop reading reviews because they are mostly out of touch with people who are actually buying games for fun. Either way I'm tired of waiting I'm just gonna grab it tomorrow.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Getting a weird problem where trying to share a video just perpetually prompts me to sign into YouTube over and over. Anyone else had this problem?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hacking invasions in WD2 are pure bliss when you stop trying to win and just go in trying to bother people. I was going to trade it in tomorrow and now I'm hesitant after doing poo poo like this for 2 hours tonight. I think being annoying might be the MP experience I was born to love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ww0JUEnJmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epT031bFxRE

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 13, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

Is this a deal, or are they batshit insane asking this price? http://gainesville.craigslist.org/vgm/5953647231.html

because if this is as good a deal as I think it is, I'm going first thing in the am to get it.

Considering the VR launch bundle is selling for around $800 right now I;d say yeah that's a good price.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why is TLG so hard to find on disc? jesus.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, I know its not rare It's just sold out everywhere within a half hour drive of me and I want to play it today and I like the cover on the physical copy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ethanol posted:

bestbuy runs out of stuff all the time, did you check gamestop? if it's sold out just check the places that don't discount from $59.99 like walmart and gamestop

I've got a copy on hold at a gamestop, it's just that it's a half hour away and I'm lazy and it's one they opened already, because gamestop.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nintendos free retro game for a month deal is the saddest thing I have read all day. Also the idea of N charging for multiplayer is just loving :lol:

I wanted to be excited for the Switch but it looks like it wont be worth buying for 5 year like every other Nintendo system.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow. I guess GR2 is about 25-40 hours. I was expecting much less. Also, Easy Allies said it was pretty top notch 4.5/5. That part isn't super surprising though to me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As a system I like it, but that launch sounds beyond barren. The only thing I'm interested in is Zelda which is getting a Wii U release. All of the controllers and extra stuff is super over priced...I'm feeling a lot less excited about it than I was a weeks ago.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

$10-30 cheaper; 10 to 30 dollars cheaper

if you meant that some other way, I'm sorry but that's how I read it. also I was subtracting from the ps4 cost instead of the pro cost because I'm dumb. the pro controller isn't $80 also

The joycon is $80 so that's where the higher point comes in. Also the pro controller looks like the one for the Wii and it looks really cheap so I'm wondering where they get off charging 10 dollars more than the PS4 controller.

The gimmick for the switch is definelty badass and I love it. But that weak launch line up mixed with Nintendos abysmal release schedule makes me think it won't even worth looking at for a couple of years or more.

I really really wish they had included Wii U BC for those of us that didn't have one. It would totally justify a day one buy of the switch for me but really that info just killed it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

Assuming Nintendo's not bullshitting on release dates, Zelda should be able to carry me to Splatoon which should then last more than long enough to get me to Mario Odyssey. I'm pretty confident that at least 2/3 of those will be genuinely great games. Then sprinkle some Virtual Console on that, plus the off chance that my girlfriend might enjoy some of the multiplayer stuff they come up with. It's probably going to be the one Nintendo console for a while (remember three pillars lol), so it's gonna get all their exclusives going forward, and on top of that it has nearly every gimmick they've introduced since the Gamecube, so it'll probably get all sorts of ports and remasters. I think I'll get my $300 out of it. But I can see why it wouldn't appeal to anyone but Nintendo fans or parents with 2 kids they want to shut up. Enjoy Skyrim! For 3 hours at a time, but that's all anyone can tolerate anyway.

It is a good point that if they are effectively going to try and replace the 3DS along with Wii U that it should have a higher rate of good games. That launch sure doesn't show it though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I don't game on PC, so even when PS4s launch lineup was really weak I could go in knowing that it would let me play virtually every multi platform game. With Nintendo it's a much harder sell since there is very little reason to buy one outside of exclusives.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought TLG was looking decidedly last gen from videos but really it's just painterly in a way that does not translate to YouTube videos . Much more so than the last 2 Ueda games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm only a couple hours in but I don't really feel like it's janky at all. I don't know why it would need seven patches.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Can someone just go try to trade in their busted up DS4 to GameStop and tell us what happens

Oh I did this recently actually.Just a few weeks ago. My launch DS4 was barely functional with mushy buttons, 30 mins of battery life and they gave me $30 for it without even testing it. I was even trading it in towards a new DS4.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seedge posted:

How, precisely, do you expect them to sell something without putting it on display?

Literally every other retailer manages to do this without opening new copies of the game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like the switch ad is an inaccurate representation of someone who would bring a Nintendo system to a rooftop party.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

We are just a bunch of hip, rich white snake people, hanging out on the roof and having sober fun. Oh hey, look it's Becky, the hot neighbor. She looks like she's having a blast playing her Nintendo Switch™. Bring that thing over here Becky! It's time to party huddled around a tablet!

Actually I guess that makes sense if you assume they are Christians.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nothing like buying a brand new game that an employee has opened and played for a week.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I honestly hope real portable gaming never totally dies in favor of phone trash.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I recently bought a used game with rewards points credits and didn't like it and they wouldn't let me apply the credits to another game.

For reference you have to spend 100 dollars to get a dollar back at GameStop so to get a new game it's like 6 grand.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I shop at GS more than I care to admit and the quality of service just seems to vary wildly by location and employee. I've walked out of there thinking "Ya know GS is better than it gets credit for" as much as I've walked out thinking "I'm never giving this poo poo company another penny"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They were honestly a lot worse back when they dominated the market. I'll go there over a big box store any day. I think most of their bad reputation stems from the way they were a decade ago.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TLG is goddamn amazing. It's so unique I really forget I'm playing a game sometimes. If nothing else my brain barely registers trico as an AI. It really feels like a real animal all the way.

I think it's really dumb that the way Trico doesn't always listen to you was something that the game got dinged for so much. Like, the narrative that people weave would have you believe it was some sort of bug, but it's clearly by design. I honestly don't think the game would have the same amount of impact if you could just command him with a button press. I can see how some wouldn't like it because it's really not a game for people with little patience, but it's really unfair that it's pegged as some sort of flaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I said I don't think it would have the same impact.