Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

For me there's gotta be some compromise because I NEED to know that a command I entered actually registered. For games or any other kind of software, that's just something that if I don't have it I'll go nuts.

Granted I haven't played the game but from reviews it sounds like there's not.

It might actually drive you nuts anyways , but it's not quite what you are thinking. Its not like you are generally left wondering if something has registered. It's more like, trico needs to go some place and part of the game is coaxing him to do it, but it's sometimes not as easy as aiming in the direction you want him to go.

The best way I could describe it is that sometimes Trico can be confused, but I haven't felt like the game itself is confused. It's not like something is failing to register on a technical level IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Here is what I can piece together about the story based on some of my own guesses and what I've seen so far:

Or more likely, the machines were originally designed for warfare, became docile over time, and they've found a way to turn them back.

This would be super goofy. I'm thinking they created themselves in some sort of sci fi evolution/ Skynet deal.

Anyways yeah that game looks cool to me. Seems worth staying cautiously optimistic at the very least.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jan/Feb/March this year is ridiculous. It's like the holiday season just doesn't stop until april.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Allright I'm stuck on what I'm pretty sure is the infamous water part in TLG. I feel like I did it half right because I got trico to smash part of the floor out but I can't get him to actually get me out of here. Help?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Not sure what part people had trouble with, but his tail should be hanging down through a hole in the floor somewhere, you have to push the crate over to it to reach it though.

Yeah it's feeling like a bug then because he made a hole for it but it didn't drop down.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Push the box to the corner where there's an opening, his tail should drop down if he's not too confused.

It bugged out for me on the first try.

I'm in the corner. Did you reload or did it bug out and eventually fix itself?

Edit: got it. Polygon walk through has a great solution for anyone else who gets stuck there.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 15, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Of all the games to call the setting "not compelling" HZD is a weird one because it actually looks cool and original unlike most games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

One thing I am really hoping from that game is that you get to explore the ruins of civilization and that they aren't just background flavor.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Guillermus posted:

As someone that only owned one sony console before the PS4 (a PSP fat and then the first slim). What are the chances on getting a Monster Hunter tittle for the PS4?

Pretty slim at the moment since Sony basically let Nintendo have the IP.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

dick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5zHVFPiqvE

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beyond that his tail gets caught in the rafters, but swimming around the room will make him look around and it will fall through in a few seconds.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Don't look poo poo up online for TLG. Just take a break.

Ehhh. That's clearly a bug. It's the first time I looked something up and I am glad I did.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Thats not a bug though. Trico is an rear end in a top hat

Yeah that's the ending of the game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

My son entered the world of online gaming today with Minecraft with a friend of his. We couldn't get chat to work through the PS4 camera, and I don't have a headset anyway, so, any suggestions for a headset that:

1) Will fit a six year old.
2) Fit with and deliver reasonably good sound for PSVR.
3) $50 or less.

I know that's a low price, but this is going to be used almost exclusively by my son for chat with his friend and by me for PSVR; I don't need super duper audiophile phones.

Are you sure the chat mic wasn't muted on the camera? It actually works really well. Then you can just use normal headphones of your liking or even no headphones if for some reason your son hates his friend.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

It's entirely possible I missed something. I turned it on in the PS4 settings and there was a little mic icon next to my son's user name in the Minecraft menu that showed the players. I'll check though, thanks for the response.

The Mic still shows up in games if it is muted. It's probably gray when his friend's mics are white. Do what Nostalgia4Dogges said and I don't see any reason it wouldn't work short of it being physically broken.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just finished Dark Souls 3

My life is meaningless

Go play them all again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm still having problems consoling how much Nioh apes Souls, but it also seems dumb to not like a game because it aspires to be a game I really like.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

True

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought it felt different in that it didn't feel very good. Although I am going off the first alpha and I think a lot of what felt bad could have been fixed with a few small tweaks so it may very well end up being good.

I think the thing that bugs me about Nioh is that it barely has it's own identity. It felt like such a wholesale ripoff of Dark Souls when I played it. It's like, I want people to rip off Dark Souls but I don't really feel like anyone is doing it and putting enough of their own spin on it. Same reason I found Salt and Sanctuary really off putting. At least Nioh is sort of different thematically and the characters don't look like webcomics.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SamuraiPaul posted:

I would describe it as Dark Souls with combat sped up about three times.

So Bloodborne? Or Dark Souls 3? :v:

But seriously, I did hear they really improved a lot from the first alpha that I played. I hope it's good because it does look pretty cool.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really want to hear what the development cycle was like for that game. Hasn't it been in development for like 12 years or something, before Souls was even a thing? I am really curious as to what early builds are like before they decided to make it a Souls clone.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Dark Souls 3 is going to have two DLC areas eventually right? I'm still working on the base content, and wondering if I should get the season pass now or wait.

Also has there ever been any talk about either that or Bloodborne getting performance patches for the Pro? Or would that make PvP unfair...

Yes. And I hear the first one is sort of short so I'm waiting for them both to come out so it feels more substantial.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

goferchan posted:

It's ok, like, I absolutely wanted more Dark Souls 3 and I got my money's worth, but yeah it's nothing mindblowing like The Old Hunters. That might have been a little underwhelming too though if it were split into two parts like they originally planned

To be fair old hunters was originally 2 DLCs and was priced more than the average expansion. Sounds like the DS3 is about half as long as TOH.

It's a shame everyone says it's not as good though. Old hunters is pretty hard to beat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wait, gravity rush comes out tomorrow?on Weds? Weird.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh. Sure enough it does. poo poo I was looking forward to playing that tonight.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, beyond the cool mechanics and art style, that was what really sold me on gravity rush. It goes in some really unexpected and cool places.

Bleh. I just had a copy of GR2 in my hands and got shut down at the checkout haha. drat.

E: they did say it comes out tomorrow though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 17, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

That hasn't happened to me but it seems like 80% of the time Trico won't snatch it out of the air.

I've learned to just walk up and hit O so you just plop it right in front of his dumb face.

Really like the game. I played it for 2 hours on release and put another 4 or 5 in it this weekend. Game is good.

He gives you a really distinct "I'm ready" look before he will catch it out of the air. You have to stand there holding it in front of him for a few seconds most of the time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I give MGS 5 poo poo all of the time but it's definetly not a bad buy. I had good fun with it for most of the 60 hours I played with it. It's just so disappointing as an MGS game and it's so clearly not finished.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

https://twitter.com/LennyReviews/status/821224344089149440

these two posts are really great together after you watch this short clip

Yakuza kind of looks like those chinese CGI reenactments of current events.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I find the recent wave of UC4 hate weird as well. I think it's phenomenal through and through. Definitely a post TLOU uncharted though.

I suppose it does rely on your attachment to the characters quite a bit though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't get the attachment to SM64 either. Basically all of the later 3d mario games are improvements. Maybe that just shows my age because I still think very highly of SM3 and SM world. I think I was a Playstation fanboy around the time 64 came out too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nintendo 64 had like 5 good games for it. PSX was the poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

what is this thread

There's been nothing released for PS4 for a few weeks so we are talking about Nintendo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sega CD. Dat FMV :aaaaa:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those games were all literally trash but as a kid I was completely blown away by fmv for some reason.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah idk we've been going pretty solid without smart TV chat and other bickering

How much did that poo poo cost in 2017 dollars, or was it the Saturn that was like $800

Yeah the saturn was super pricey. $500 1994 I think. I think Sega CD was like, 300 bux at the time?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Please rub the uncharted vita cart until it disappears.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can someone try and sell me on Darkest Dungeon? I was hotly anticipating it and bought it for like $25 the day it came out. Played it for like 2 hours and thought it was the most boring thing ever and can never bring myself to boot it back up, but I feel like I must have missed something because people seem to like it so much and I feel like I flushed that money down the toilet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think I was expecting more from the dungeon exploring, and at the beginning the combat seemed so basic it barely felt like anything mattered. I was having trouble getting to the point where I cared about managing anything. It really just bored me and I normally like that kind of thing.

I'll at least take a peek at that LP. it's always bugged me that I just sort of ditched that game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It'll be nice I actually get to play 2 games with fantastic art direction in a row after just finishing TLG.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Am I misunderstanding or did like 4 people in a row just say gravity rush 2 is ugly looking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imao most anime is really stupid but people that think they look cool for being too good for it come off as way more lame and insecure than any weeb they are trying to own.

Like, basically every Japanese game could get labeled under the broad brush of anime. Get over it.