Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Toebone posted:

I missed discussion when the PS+ games got announced this month, any worth a drat?

Mortal Shell is theoretically interesting but I haven't picked it back up after the first session, turns out dark souls is not that fun without the estus flask

Lego DC Supervillains is probably a good light/kids game

Godfall is not only a bad game but it's half of the bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Outer Godfalls

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Motion typing is the best console text input since the Beyond Good and Evil text spiral

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hot take maybe but I liked this movie more when a large chunk was lost and it barely made any sense

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Wolfsheim posted:

I only took this shot because of that mouse just inexplicably chilling on the hood of that car behind them:

it's new york. that's a rat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I liked the pirating and I liked the weird meta frame story about how you're exploring history so a huge evil corporation who is definitely not ubisoft can make assassin vs templar video games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tried a friend's disc once, gave it back, and forgot about it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Escobarbarian posted:

They really tripled down on Aloy owning various religious people in HFW, at least in the first area. I keep thinking a crowd of people are going to come out of nowhere and start clapping. It’s so heavy that I honestly kind of wonder if they’re leading up to subverting it in some way later on.

Three also really tripled down on

“Hi Aloy, remember me?”

“Sorry, I can’t talk, there’s something I have to do alone.”

“I haven’t seen you since you ghosted everyone, can you at least expl-“

“NO I HAVE TO DO THIS ALONE GOODBYE”

haveblue fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 20, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Steve Yun posted:

How is Cyberpunk on ps4 now, did they iron out the kinks

No. They made it not as trash as before but it is still clearly more game than the PS4 was meant to handle

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RareAcumen posted:

Nathan Drake should've had a double jump in the 4th game while everyone else was using grappling hooks.

I like how in the first game Drake seems to have a really unusual talent for climbing on stuff but by the later games it becomes clear that he doesn't, everyone in the world can do that if they have to

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Read After Burning posted:

The only new Uncharted I want is Lost Legacy 2. :kiddo: I enjoyed that one ten times more than 1 and 2 (never played 3 or 4).

3 is a bit of a mess because one of the leads left halfway through to go be a hobbit, but it's got some cool sequences. 4 is good and fills in a lot of the interplay between Sam and Nadine in Lost Legacy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Heavenly Sword had a stance system, where you'd only block basic/heavy attacks if you were doing them yourself. It also didn't have a block button as such, you would block attacks if you weren't doing any other inputs at the moment the enemy connected. You had a light stance but I'm not sure any enemies ever hit you with light attacks, it was mostly for countering arrows and things

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember The Surge (1) having that mechanic, but also that they slipped up and let the stick inversion setting apply to it, so if you turned on camera inversion you had to push the stick up to crouch and down to jump

I didn't use that mechanic much

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I played it well after the servers shut down and I don't believe there are any treasure hunts now

The gravity meter is also very rarely an issue because unlike the first game it can recharge while airborne so if you aren't on a super tight schedule you can just let yourself fall for a bit and get back more than enough to resume whatever you were doing. I'm not sure if it's an upgrade or a base ability but I was doing it by midgame

Pretty fun game, the navigation is still totally unique and let them make some really wild layouts (discovering that there is a whole other city below and a whole other city above the main city are great moments)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, bows now require you to make a draw gesture (this is very hard to get used to but can also be really satisfying) and spells allow you to aim each hand independently so you can Emperor Palpatine lightning everywhere. Plus a couple of fun minor things like being able to reach onto the front of your shield to retrieve arrows stuck in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Steve Yun posted:

Is Solar Ash any good

Solar Ash is neat, it's like Jet Set Radio merged with Shadow of the Colossus. Skating and rail grinding is your main mode of movement and sometimes you have to do it on top of a gigantic thrashing monster

Prey does run like rear end but it's a very good immersive sim once your get deeper into it