Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm certain Persona 5 is gonna be striking enough on its style alone to not need Pro support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

zenintrude posted:

The Order 1886 is a quality game and I'd much rather play it's streamlined beauty any day over Skyrim's buggy ugly hellscape

I'm not the biggest Skyrim fan, but give me a messy buggy game than a polished-non game like The Order 1886 anytime.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If only some other monster hunting franchise existed for them to steal ideas from...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

What do they do to differentiate hostile and friendlies of the same species?

You chase and murder hostiles and wear friendlies as armor/weapons.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yakuza Zero has more than enough content to justify the price.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SweetBro posted:

Anyone know how Digimon World: Next Order compare to the original PS1 game?

Wait, is it a remake or a sequel?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Chello De Don posted:

Has anyone had any trouble with getting password reset e-mails from the playstation network? I tried to log in this morning and it told me i had to update my password, and it was gonna send me an e-mail...but it's been two hours and I haven't gotten anything yet. I've triple checked the e-mail to make sure it's spelled correctly so I know it's not that. This is super frustrating because i can't access any of my stuff without it. Anyone had this issue?

Check your spam folder.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm waiting on the inevitable Death Stranding special edition of the PS4Pro. If there isn't one, I'm still getting one when Death Stranding comes out. Considering how amazing MGSV performed on the stock PS4, I'm excited to see with Kojima will pull off with a Pro.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I bet death stranding probably wont run as well as MGSV since it not using the fox engine, which is black magic

True. But I'm still betting Kojima would do things with the engine that Guerilla would never think possible.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MA:A is gonna sell millions and anyone who buys it early is a fool. It'll be cheap and plentiful in a year's time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Massachusetts: Andronema.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sega also released Valkryia Chronicles Remastered in a steelbook for $30. I guess Sega's just finally learning how to be cool with their fans.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I still need to finish Yakuza Zero, but seeing Nikishi's heel turn in the Kiwamai trailer genuinely shocked me.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got a PS4 Pro today!

*Goes back to Persona 5.*

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So which games have benefitted the most from Boost Mode?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I would have said Dark Souls 3 but then it got an official patch that was vastly better. Bloodborne is more stable but still way low. Really though, how many games have a significant FPS problem on a normal PS4 in the first place other than those?

I guess I haven't tried Witcher 3 though.

DS3, Bloodborne, and Witcher were pretty much the main games I was wondering about.

Any improvements on EDF or Yakuza Zero?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Morby posted:

I assume Sony will price drop the Pro and/or OG by $50 and call it done. Maybe even toss in a HZD bundle or something along those lines. I don't think they necessarily need to do anything else. I feel like Microsoft learned the wrong lesson from all this. Power is all fine and good, but you gotta give folks a good reason to buy the thing.

Don't talk about Sony dropping the price and bundling it the day after I get one. :argh:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Persona 5 looks slightly better ever since I upgraded to the Pro. But I'm gonna attribute that to me putting in a new right contact lens with a better prescription that day.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Persona has no pro enhancement because its development began on a dev kit version that was grandfathered in prior to the requirement.

Right. I wasn't expecting any enhancements. I was making a dumb joke. The sheer style keeps it looking slick enough.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is World of Final Fantasy fixed on Pro?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

No joke, the PS4 is the premiere indie game console.

It was until Switch came out. Now I want all the indie standbys on Switch. Handheld BOI is a game changer.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

that and most of the best indie games are already on vita, an actual handheld system

As opposed to Switch, the console whose entire gimmick is that it doubles as a handheld system?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

quote:

The PS4’s design accommodates roaches better than other consoles’ because its ventilation grates are wider. Those vents are located at the bottom of the console, so roaches can get in with ease. Also, according to repair professionals, the PS4’s insides gets hotter than the Xbox One’s because of its internal power supply. Warm, in an enclosed space and close to the floor, PS4s are great roach nesting grounds.

Roach-infested PS4s are a big problem. Especially because Sony won’t take them in for repairs (Sony did not provide comment). Instead, independent console repairmen have the pleasure of scrubbing the roach crap off your console’s power supply. Matt Zieminski, who works for console repair suite IFixit, told me that most of the time, the consoles aren’t sent in for roach cleaning—the users don’t know they’re infested. The PS4s just stop working and the owners don’t know why. Turns out, the PS4’s internal power supply fries roaches onto its components, which can stop the PS4 from turning on. When the bugs have made little homes in there, and have little roach kids, those roach kids and their feces can melt onto the hardware.

Zieminski knows a PS4 is infested because “Roaches leave traces,” he says. “Their poop color is distinct and has a certain smell to it. We kind of know right off the bat if there are poop stains on the vent of the fan—we assume it’s bug-loaded.” To get it working again, console repairmen usually replace the power supply. Then, they’ll take the console apart, sterilize it with an ultrasonic cleaner, and put it back together.

How do gamers prevent this disgusting and traumatic scenario? PS4s should be stored in the open, where they have enough airflow for breathing. They should also be stored higher up, so roaches have a hard time climbing to them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Why is Japan so (inconsistently) weird about streaming anyways?

It's funny, because I'm pretty sure Donga Ronpaul got localized because of how popular the LP on these here forums were.

Edit: Ryuji is great and I hate that Morgana treats his so lovely. I don't even remember what Ryuji did to warrant the reaction from him in the first place. I think that same dynamic was there between a couple characters in P3 and P4 and it's really lovely.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 27, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't care if this is a double post, Teddie had his anxieties, but he was excellent to everyone and made bear puns. He'd probably probably encourage the P5 MC to stay out late because there's partying to do and bear puns to make.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is mayonaise an anime?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think so. I don't think it's worth the time it takes to play it.

Anyone want a Dishinored: DE code? PM me .

PM sent.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

kater posted:

I was very close to buying a PS4 Pro today but felt dumb buying a thing that was just a $400 system with zero promotions going on. Surely there will be a Destiny 2 thing in a few months or at least something? Is that stuff usually announced at E3?

It hasn't been out very long, but so far all the bundle and special editions have been on slim PS4s since they both debuted. I honestly don't think there's going to be a PS4 Pro bundle until Death Stranding. The FFXV special edition bundle was a Slim. I'm guessing that while developers would love to have people play their games in the best way possible, the publishers would rather make deals to bundle it with the cheaper model. I think Hideo Kojima would have enough sway to get a Pro special edition bundle. That's just my two cents.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

That wouldn't stop Sony from bundling a Sony published game. Imo they are probably just selling well enough that they don't feel like they need to bundle anything.

Edit: Did that code work btw? It was sitting on my shelf for eons but I was 99.9% sure it was unused.

I tried using it, but it said it was expired.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Crap sorry man. I didn't even know those expired. It came with Dishonored 2.

No biggie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I had a feeling that Darksiders 3 would be announced when they had that Humble Bundle. I'll get to Darksiders 1 and 2... Some day. :sigh:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

All video games... are computer generated. :aaa:

I think he means prerendered trailer that doesn't show any actual gameplay.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mutata posted:

My older brother never made the transition to mouselook. He played Quake 2 with Doom controls and the occasional pageup/pagedown and found the mouse stuff too daunting. Then he had kids and mostly stopped playing games for himself.

hosed up if true.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You can always tell who never played an old point and click/text adventure based on their saving habits.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm not that extreme. I'm only using two slots. One for the current day, and one at least a month back.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Andrast posted:

Why not use all the slots? You have plenty of space and there is no downside to it.

Whenever I go overboard in Fallout or whatever with multiple save slots, I never end up needing 90% of those saves I make. I'm more confident with my choices.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been playing on Normal cause I'm getting older and actually wanna see the end of the game someday.

I'm taking a mini break to play Hitman. Also, I feel guilty playing Persona when I should be filling out job applications.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

HItman really feels like the modern successor to Goldeneye in a lot of respects. Big open sandboxy levels with a bunch of objectives/challenges you can tackle however you please. I'm absolutely sold on Season 2 when it's available.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Red Faction Guerrilla needs a proper sequel, goddamn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Pro is great and I'd recommend it if you have the money. Otherwise, the Slim is just fine. The Pro isn't a huge leap in hardware or anything. It more or less irons out the wrinkles of the standard PS4.