Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

I also pulled team-by-team stats, but those charts look like a mess and would take too long to clean up. Here's the broad strokes:
- Worst sack rate since 2010: Jacksonville, 2014 (12.7%)!! <-- JAX gave up a sack on 1 out of every 8 pass attempts

lol, Bortles never had a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

This year? Did you not post in tff the past 3 years?
No one ever says that the state of offensive line play is good, same as they never say quarterback play is good, or that coaching is good. In fact, TFF always says it's worse than last year.

Spring Break My Heart fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 11, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Spring Break My Heart posted:

No one ever says that the state of offensive line play is good, same as they never say quarterback play is good, or that coaching is good. In fact, TFF always says it's worse than last year.

Oh.

Well this year we've been very happy with our offensive line (when healthy), love Adam Gase and most normal people know tannehill is playing on fire under him.

Dallas Thomas was cut and our line instantly got better

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
poo poo, the Seahawks' o line is a walking disaster and I still feel like it's better than last year. At least Britt is a decent center, Drew Nowak was not a good idea at all. I feel like another year or two of investment should make it serviceable, at least. Need tackles though, just like everyone else.

Wonder if we'll see more young players focus on O line to take advantage of the growing need.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The state of offensive line play is good. Quarterbacking this year was less good than some prior years, but we're comparing to a period where we had some of the best quarterbacking of all time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans offensive line has been bad, but that's mostly thanks to always having one of their two starting tackles injured, having their new rookie center injured and replaced by a terrible UDFA, replacing their excellent RG with a guy who can't pass block and is hit or miss run blocking to save a mere million per season. Their only consistently healthy player has been their LG who was the worst member of the line last season

Since coming back Duane Brown has been excellent at LT as usual, but Derek Newton's career is probably over so there's a huge hole at RT now. Jeff Allen is a huge free agent bust so far, we'll see what Nick Martin has to offer next season. I didn't even know you could go on IR from a preseason high ankle sprain, or that one could require surgery

The Brown-XSF-Jones-Brooks-Newton line was gelling so well at the end of last season :sigh:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 11, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

poo poo, the Seahawks' o line is a walking disaster and I still feel like it's better than last year. At least Britt is a decent center, Drew Nowak was not a good idea at all. I feel like another year or two of investment should make it serviceable, at least. Need tackles though, just like everyone else.

Wonder if we'll see more young players focus on O line to take advantage of the growing need.

No way was last years worse than this years. Last year became simply bad instead of miserable after Lemuel Jeanpierre took over from Nowak.

Edit or wait maybe it was Patrick Lewis gently caress keeping track of what poo poo that OLine shovels is hard

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 11, 2017

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Bad Moon posted:

No way was last years worse than this years. Last year became simply bad instead of miserable after Lemuel Jeanpierre took over from Nowak.

Edit or wait maybe it was Patrick Lewis gently caress keeping track of what poo poo that OLine shovels is hard

Patrick Lewis > Lemuel Jeanpierre > Drew Nowak

edit: And I have no loving clue what happened with Patrick Lewis. Our offensive line is like a loving murderer's row of "Who was that again?" these days.

I mean seriously, I know who Fant is but really WHO THE gently caress IS HE AND WHY IS HE A THING?

gently caress I also feel the same way about Ifedi, and he's only a top draft pick. Jesus christ why did we draft him? I was rewatching the Falcons game the other night and he just got blown by at least 2 or 3 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Cause Ifedi actually has a body that can theoretically be coached onto quality play. He still has a ton of plays where he gets crushed, but there are some moments of legit good work at C and G right now. The Lions are bad, but the interior O line plus Luke Willson and Marcel Reese really made some nice lanes for Rawls.

The tackles have been dogshit, and Wilson has so little time to pass. However, I think he exacerbates that by darting out too soon and running into rushers. He really needs to work on pocket awareness, he still takes off too soon sometimes (rather understandably).

I dunno, maybe this goes nowhere, but it looks to me like the O line will be on a significantly more solid foundation this offseason.

• Locked thread