Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

The Cowboys defense is almost as bad as ours, so this could be a hilarious game.

Yeah, if the Packers offense gets off to a decent start it could be a hell of a shootout. I could see 70 or 80 points scored in that game pretty easily. Even if the Packers lose, if the offense shows up it should be a really fun game to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Green Bay can beat the Cowboys but anyone who thinks it's going to be easy is dumb. Dallas is a bad matchup for the Packers. The weak Packers D means it'll be easy for the Cowboys to control the clock which keeps "hot streak Rodgers cold" (This will be a headline somewhere if it happens, mark my words). I just don't see the Packers getting the ball enough to put up a lot of points. They did in the Giants game because the Giants offense couldn't do poo poo and the defense got tired. Dallas's defense is meh, but it doesn't get tired because they spend less time on the field. Cowboys are probably gonna win.

I don't think being at home is all that advantageous in Dallas though. That's not one of the real big "Home field advantages" the league has like most of the other remaining teams.

I want a Packers/Falcons NFCCG for obvious selfish reasons but also because that would be the best shootout

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

I don't think being at home is all that advantageous in Dallas though. That's not one of the real big "Home field advantages" the league has like most of the other remaining teams.

I don't think Dallas has a massive homefield advantage; it's more that Green Bay does, and so them *not* having it is just as big a deal. Same with teams that play Seattle. It will be less of a factor if the Cowboys play the Falcons.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I want Seattle/Dallas

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

I want Seattle/Dallas

This game would suck, Seattle is a loving trainwreck away and Dallas is already the superior team, game would be over in the first quarter

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/818514104440733696

There are no words for much I love this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh my god

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
cheattle cheathawks :allears:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

"Just like Green Bay, Bush had resoundly defeated a entire population that if given the opportunty would devour the Curds entirely."

Laugh the gently caress out loud

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
PFTCommenter is a lock for first ballot Twitter HOF, holy poo poo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

This game would suck, Seattle is a loving trainwreck away and Dallas is already the superior team, game would be over in the first quarter

Good.

How bout them Cowboys

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

PFTCommenter is a lock for first ballot Twitter HOF, holy poo poo.

I saw him at the bar a few weeks ago and I wanted to buy him many drinks to return all the laughs he has given me but I got so star shook lmao

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

Good.

How bout them Cowboys

Ross has stared too long into the Abyss.

For it stared back.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Speaking of the Giants...

In 2004 when the Chargers drafted Eli Manning with the #1 pick, did they already have a deal in place with the Giants to swap for the #4 pick (Philip Rivers) and two draft picks beforehand? Or was Manning drafted first THEN the Chargers contacted the Giants?

They had talked for a few days but chargers gm aj smith insisted that the giants trade osi umenyiora as part of a deal and Ernie accorsi wanted no part of it. So the chargers drafted eli with no deal in place and either were gonna try to call his bluff or hope that the giants caved.

So the giants were on the clock with no deal in place and the chargers still insisting on osi. Accorsi still wouldn't back down from osi being a deal breaker. Some dude in the NFL called Accorsi up with about 5 minutes left on the clock for the giants and basically said "just chill for a few minutes, aj smith does this poo poo all the time, he'll call you with 2 or 3 minutes left and cave" and so that's what accorsi did. And with 3 minutes on the clock he got a call from aj smith, who was now willing to accept a first rounder the next year instead of osi. So they ironed out the deal in about 45 seconds and got it in as the giants drafted rivers.

A random new York media outlet calls up accorsi once a year about this and he's more than happy to share the story so I've heard it quite a few times now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I still think that trade was one of the few blockbuster deals where both teams would look back on it and say they absolutely made the right choice

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

[citizen kane clapping scene]

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I still think that trade was one of the few blockbuster deals where both teams would look back on it and say they absolutely made the right choice

yeah I don't think the giants or chargers mind what happened as the result of that trade

I really wish someone was willing to give the giants something good for their #9 overall pick ahead of time during the year where they drafted ereck flowers

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Iodised QQ posted:

A random new York media outlet calls up accorsi once a year about this and he's more than happy to share the story so I've heard it quite a few times now.

I think Accorsi is still really proud of that moment after getting burned on Elway back in Baltimore

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Man why does PFTCommentator have to write for Barstool. I don't want to give them clicks.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

Probably not the players though.

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

I guess thats the difference between Beckham and Bush, one of them got covered up easily by Clinton Dix and the other got elected because of it.

hahahhahahhahha

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
http://nypost.com/2017/01/09/giants-trash-airplane-following-embarrassing-playoff-blowout/

Giants trashed their plane ride home, :lol: if true

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

My god :vince:

Sian Welby is fiiine. :wom:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

ahahaah wow

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I'm enjoying imagining Eli in this situation

Nov 6, 2002

"guys come on, someone else has to sit there after"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

I'm enjoying imagining Eli in this situation
He probably made this face throughout the entire flight

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Eli slept

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Barnwell was pointing out that up through like 2010 the NY media didn't like him because he didn't show passion for football, including referencing an article that was extremely pro-Sanchez over him at the time.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Eli didn't notice because he got to ride up front with the pilot and even got a cool pin!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is what happens when you hire a beta coach

trust me, I lived through philbin and cameron

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Kalli posted:

Barnwell was pointing out that up through like 2010 the NY media didn't like him because he didn't show passion for football, including referencing an article that was extremely pro-Sanchez over him at the time.

and then after he won again in 2011 his demeanor was his best asset

media.......dumb???

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Probably not the players though.

Which players?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I want Seattle/Dallas

gently caress you, Ross

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Lmfao do you guys remember when Bobby Rainey caught the kickoff at the 4 yard line and the game completely exploded from there. Was it that drive or a different drive that ended with the world's dumbest loving fumble? Clay Matthews forcing a fumble then being the only one to think about touching it 40 seconds later was really incredible. gently caress.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

this is what happens when you hire a beta coach

trust me, I lived through philbin and cameron

Maybe ODB just needs to meet a nice water cooler, someone he can chat with on the sidelines and help him work through things.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

Eli didn't notice because he got to ride up front with the pilot and even got a cool pin!
lmao

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Moon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2A194yTWoQ

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How do you watch football for the past few months and think GB has a porous Oline? Everything is about how he holds the ball for 9 seconds every pass play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BobbyK posted:

How do you watch football for the past few months and think GB has a porous Oline? Everything is about how he holds the ball for 9 seconds every pass play.

A A Ron isn't the only one holding for 9 seconds.

• Locked thread