Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I have some family business to attend to in Tijuana, Mexico next month President's Day weekend. My wife and I are flying don on Friday night to San Diego and plan on crossing at San Isidro the next morning. After a few hours of family stuff, I am hoping to head to a beach resort or hotel close to the beach for two nights before flying back out Monday afternoon. Can anyone recommend a good town and/or hotel to stay in? My wife has been asking me to have a beach vacation in winter without the kids for a couple of years now, and since we will be down there anyway it seemed like a good idea.

Despite having relatives in Tijuana, I am a big white goony goon who has a poor command of Spanish. I have been to Tijuana once ever for like 5 hours, my only time in Mexico and did not really explore too much in that time. That was over 10 years ago. I can probably handle ordering from a menu, checking into a room, etc in Spanish, but I am not going to be discussing literature or dealing with cops (hopefully). Given the short duration of the trip, I would rather not spend more than an hour getting there if I can avoid it, but if there is somewhere super good then I guess we will.

If there is anywhere that is absolutely amazing to stay that is a spa or something that isn't on the beach, I am open to that as well, but it has to good enough to convince my wife that it is a better idea than the beach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
All I know is carry your poo poo in a plastic shopping bag unless you want to get robbed, and even then it's a crapshoot.

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Cool tricks kid, I like your style.
There are only two "beach towns" within an hour of TJ, Ensanada or Rosarito and Ensanada is better than Rosarito so go to Ensanada. Go to Hussong's, the fish market and the Brewery. As long as you are not an idiot you will be fine, I'm white as gently caress and it was chill when I was there last week. It will be cold, the water at the beach will be cold. It could be kinda warm if you get lucky. Eat some fish tacos and mariscos. This is Baja not Cancun aint no 5 star poo poo, but its chill if you want to eat fish tacos, drink good beer and hang out.

Hopefully the gasoline situation is better when you go.

• Locked thread