Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I don't know if this has been said yet but that Pete Dunne kid is a really good heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder what WWE thinks of WxW? Yeah its German but they've been making waves for the last couple of years, they just booked Bate in their annual 16 carat tourney too.

If Bate is allowed to work it than that tells you what they think right there.

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

What was Mandrews theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtV71VpCaPM

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder what WWE thinks of WxW? Yeah its German but they've been making waves for the last couple of years, they just booked Bate in their annual 16 carat tourney too.

WWE have had people at their shows before. I know Regal was at something last year.

I think during the Tommy End match when Cole was giving the run down on promotions he worked for he named dropped WxW alongside PWG.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's honestly surreal as hell to hear Cole on a WWE product namedropping indie promotions left and right.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mandrews really is like, 2000 the person and it's loving amazing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

keevo posted:

I don't know if this has been said yet but that Pete Dunne kid is a really good heel.

Seriously. He has a unique charisma about him that the rest of the field did not. He also just looks like a crazy/creepy little troll who will literally do anything to anyone if it helps his own career. I really wound up liking him more and more throughout the weekend.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Seriously. He has a unique charisma about him that the rest of the field did not. He also just looks like a crazy/creepy little troll who will literally do anything to anyone if it helps his own career. I really wound up liking him more and more throughout the weekend.

Yeah, it reached the point where I was rooting for him against Andrews despite Andrews being the face and my countryman.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but my one criticism was having Finlay, Balor, Regal, HHH and the ring announcer in the ring dwarfing Bate at the end made him look like a literal child.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The thing that made Dunne, and in turn the whole tourney, so good was that he made everything matter. The WWE loves making titles meaningless and here comes Dunne, making this belt look like the most important thing in the world.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
hgdhglksdhgdslhgg wrong thread

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Gonzo McFee posted:

How did WWE do a UK product better than WoS?

It contained zero (0) percent Alex Shane

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's a small aesthetic, but Pete Dunne's mouthguard really completes his look of being a bullying scumbag. It gives him this creepy look that he doesn't quite reach without it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

keevo posted:

Yep, I had genuine dislike for him. Dude has that arrogant bully thing down to a tee.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Frankston posted:

Yep, I had genuine dislike for him. Dude has that arrogant bully thing down to a tee.

The sarcastic handshake to Gradwell was great

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

sticklefifer posted:

It's a small aesthetic, but Pete Dunne's mouthguard really completes his look of being a bullying scumbag. It gives him this creepy look that he doesn't quite reach without it.

Have you seen him take it off to bite people? It's great. He puts so much venom into it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Small detail that I only noticed on the rewatch, the two guys who hold back and try to calm down Dunne after he attacked Gladwell the first time are his progress buddies Trent Seven and Tyler Bate. In the youtube backstage footage they're also the ones that try to talk to him about how he's going to get himself thrown out.

Nice little detail for the brit wrestling fans.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Watching Night 2. Andrews vs Dunne was really really good. I think Andrews and Wolfgang are my favorites. I had never seen any of these dudes (Neville excepted of course).

E: any good Mark Andrews matches I can check out on Youtube?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really found myself liking Wolfgang and I'm not totally sure why. I think it may be because he kind of looks like a dumpy version of a wrestler you'd see at a flea market but can actually go and is fun to watch.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Let's go Wolfgang

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Phenix Rising posted:

I really found myself liking Wolfgang and I'm not totally sure why. I think it may be because he kind of looks like a dumpy version of a wrestler you'd see at a flea market but can actually go and is fun to watch.

The Wolfgang vs BT Gunn cage match was the first time watching ICW where I thought "oh poo poo, this is some actual good wrestling" as opposed to "this is fun." It's been great seeing him go from working in his dad's pub in The British Wrestler to being involved in the UK tournament.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It is bizarre to me that Wolfgang is only 30 because he looks like a 47 year old

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hate whoever here mentioned that he looks like Bill DeMott, because I can't unsee it.

Changing the subject, I'm almost wondering if WWE aren't better just airing a bunch of UK indies and using the belt as a touring national champion like the old NWA title?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

http://www.wweresearch.com/se/0B8801401D8C6B27

Survey about the UK Championship

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Jumped all over that and holy crap they actually acknowledged WCPW in their survey. Blampied is probably beside himself

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Is only so they can bin the results of anyone who says they like them

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah, WCPW and TNA. Big admission from the former company of "sting was sleeping in the desert for 12 years"

E: I filled out the survey. I think the back half of who you've seen live and who you want to is I think maybe intended for people who don't live 5000 miles from Blackpool.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 18, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I put "No Involvement of Vince McMahon" under what I enjoyed most

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I put the new roster of people I hadn't seen and the whole presentation in the small ballroom being so unique compared to all the arena shows they do for the main roster.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I put bring back tournaments like this and KotR. I really miss that...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I didn't put this on the survey, but I thought they used William Regal really well, knowing he can't take a bump or anything. Having him shove Dunne through the curtain after his attack on day 2 after scolding him on day 1. Still got the "he's the tough face guy who will rough up the faces". Also I loved that his complaint wasn't that Dunne cheated or disrespected the tournament or anything, but that Regal had spent six months arranging things and Dunne was trying to make him waste his time.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Regal is like the grandpa that 90% of your brain says you could take because of his physical condition but the other 10% is loving scared shitless of.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I did love that when HHH came up to Dunne backstage he just gave him the side eye but didn't seem too intimidated, but when he saw Regal marching towards him he started backing off and trying to find somewhere else to be.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah it was done really well. Here's the clip if you haven't seen it:
https://youtu.be/wdcGHD2Xmj0
Nigel asks why he'd do something like that on the biggest stage of his career, HHH chuckles and walks past saying "make a name for yourself kid", and then Regal chases him down and lights into him. Also worth noting is 1:21 in this video where Regal, who is of course a master at this, switches from concerned and sympathetic to homicidal in about 5 frames of video.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

sportsgenius86 posted:

I put "No Involvement of Vince McMahon" under what I enjoyed most

I put "Michael Cole calling what's happening in the match instead of talking about other things" and "literally everything Pete Dunne did".

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

I did love that when HHH came up to Dunne backstage he just gave him the side eye but didn't seem too intimidated, but when he saw Regal marching towards him he started backing off and trying to find somewhere else to be.

I liked when after Dunne had beat up Bates he was was leaving and Regal popped out and he almost dove off the ramp in fear.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Two Beans posted:

I put "Michael Cole calling what's happening in the match instead of talking about other things" and "literally everything Pete Dunne did".

I tried to politely put this by praising Cole and Nigel's focus on the in-ring stuff. I figure poo poo-talking them is just going to get ignored, but constructive comments might get looked at.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah it was done really well. Here's the clip if you haven't seen it:
https://youtu.be/wdcGHD2Xmj0
Nigel asks why he'd do something like that on the biggest stage of his career, HHH chuckles and walks past saying "make a name for yourself kid", and then Regal chases him down and lights into him. Also worth noting is 1:21 in this video where Regal, who is of course a master at this, switches from concerned and sympathetic to homicidal in about 5 frames of video.

The little motion of Dunne taking off his wrist tape and then just dropping it on the floor is such a nice touch.

• Locked thread