Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I thought it gave me exactly as much detail on the participants as I needed. Based on how much/little certain guys were focused on, it seems clear who'll stand out and be pushed out of this group. Considering it's a 2-day tournament and not a much longer thing like the CWC I don't think we need extensive backstories for everyone. If anyone in the group had a character/gimmick I think it came across.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Astro7x posted:

That special was horrible. Bracketology for the CWC was really good at getting me to know the guys, and that's what I was expecting.

Agreed. I was really hoping for a more in-depth intro for each guy. I still don't really know any of them from that special.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What's the format for these anyway? Two two hour shows?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

KungFu Grip posted:

It's pretty hosed that a country not part of the United kingdom is in this tournament imo

The worst thing is they de-horned Scotland's national animal on the belt and made it a loving horse which represents nothing. Disrespect the Unicorn and get hosed.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's the format for these anyway? Two two hour shows?

I feel like its 8 matches for each day. Day two might have a breather match for the finals

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BisonDollah posted:

The worst thing is they de-horned Scotland's national animal on the belt and made it a loving horse which represents nothing. Disrespect the Unicorn and get hosed.

In the Chinese zodiac, the a person born under the horse is considered to be engaging and outgoing, with affable high energy personalities. So nothing like a Scotsman. More appropriate would be an ox, or a toilet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's a stupid thing but it kind of bothers me that the "United Kingdom" is being represented by 13 Englishmen, 1 Welsh, 1 Scot, and 1 Not-Northern Irishman.

It's not like I'm offended or question the "integrity" or anything. It just sort of makes it feel like they didn't even bother to find a field that would justify the title.

Although if I told my Irish friends and family they'd probably be furious.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It all feels very thrown together and rushed. Maybe if they had spent 6 months planning it or something it would have been a bit more diverse geographically.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Phenix Rising posted:

It all feels very thrown together and rushed. Maybe if they had spent 6 months planning it or something it would have been a bit more diverse geographically.

They are specifically targeting UK indies. To sink them.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Geographic diversity will come in time, when they feel like sinking indies from somewhere else.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

It's a stupid thing but it kind of bothers me that the "United Kingdom" is being represented by 13 Englishmen, 1 Welsh, 1 Scot, and 1 Not-Northern Irishman.

It's not like I'm offended or question the "integrity" or anything. It just sort of makes it feel like they didn't even bother to find a field that would justify the title.

Although if I told my Irish friends and family they'd probably be furious.

It's 12 Englishmen, 1 Welshman, 1 Scot, 1 Northern Irishman and 1 Irishman. Tucker's just covering up the Red Hand of Ulster in his picture.

If you were to make a tournament field that accurately represents the makeup of the UK, it'd be approximately 13.24 Englishmen, 1.32 Scots, 0.76 Welshmen and 0.45 Northern Irishmen so WWE did a pretty decent job.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gently caress you I want those Welsh and Northern Irish minis.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaaUFeRSuyo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Balor cosplayer angry about comparisons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UYudaolQU4

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
So who's the favorite to win this thing? Mark Andrews?

I ask because it feels very different from the CWC where Ibushi and ZSJ were already international stars and picked as likely winners until we found out they weren't sticking around

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

all these guys look the same to me

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hey this is this afternoon!!!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Hey this is this afternoon!!!

Hey this is on in like an hour and 30 mins

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

All I want to know is if Roy gets to come out to look what the cat dragged in

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm here in Blackpool.

What a dump.

Venue is cool though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm actually pretty excited for this. Can't beat wrestling on a Saturday afternoon.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/ringfox1/status/820318865284599808

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Prime time wrestling. I'm definitely in.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm exciting for the UK wrestle men

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Got me a g&t and ready for wrassles

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I'm the british rap song recorded over menu music from an early 2000s wrestling game

schweens fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 14, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Trent Seven has the best voice

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Trent Seven has the best voice

He's a real good dude. The last two times I went to King of Trios after every show he'd shake all the fans hands as they left as his merch table was by the exit.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Trips looks old

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Holy gently caress that's a great beard

bartok
May 10, 2006

Saturday afternoon wrasslin' it's like I'm a kid again.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

They seem ready.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
That's an awesome looking belt and makes me care a little more about this.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Cole has his "workrate voice on"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nigel being here is surreal

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
WELCOME GRAPPLEFANS

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Sparkly Vampires are Wrestlicious!
Greetings Grapple fans!