Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Cole has his "workrate voice on"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Name drops all over the place. It is me. I am the Brit marking out.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Devlin busting out the subtle heel stuff.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Devlin is not that great.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The_Rob posted:

You've seen him wrestle for like a minute and a half. Give him a chance.

Um. I've seen him more than that.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The_Rob posted:

It was a pretty safe looking enzugiri. Im thinking there was just something exposed from his kick pad.

Someone said that it looked like it was his laces.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Daniel Brexit.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Lets go Jesus/Jesus Sucks.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Lets go jesus, gently caress him up.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

100% serious question how do crowds coordinate the songs on the fly like that? It doesn't sound like it builds, it just...happens.

Football chants. They just happen organically.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I just noticed that all of the guys getting beaten up in the clips are WOS and WCPW guys.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I know, the part that impresses me is like...it'd be one thing if it started quietly and built as people heard it, but it doesn't generally happen that way. It's full volume right off.

It sounds silly, but like we sort of get used to chanting straight away. Like sometimes before you even know that you're doing it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I love that all of Nigel's backstories to get people over is about them getting mugged.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Pete Dunne is a guy you can build a show around.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Wolfgang is not very good. But he's astoundingly charismatic.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

T-Bone works the gimmick so well.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I really like Cole when he doesn't have Vince in his ear.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Remove Johnson from the line up, and you have the makings of a good roster here.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Wolfy is so charismatic.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I'm pretty sure that Progress has licensed their music for this show.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Connors adjusts his hair more than Kevin Nash.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Connors seems way better than the other dude.

Agreed. Him against Mandrews should be a good match.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Nigel and Cole have some nice chemistry.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Mark Andrews girl is in attendance tonight. Good good.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Can we just do the rest of the tourny tonight. I'm enjoying this.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I am a man with.... two... hands.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Everyone gets mugged in the UK. Everyone.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

"It's all good, he's got his cool super kick, but it's okay."

Tyler Bate owns.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Tyler lifts a lot from early Claudio matches, and he works for him.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Michael Cole marking out is great. Dude genuinely loves his wrestling.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

As long as they don't do something stupid like bringing in Alex Shane to do commentary I think that they could make something out of a UK show.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I love Dunne.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I'm not convinced that Trip's can do much with Raw, but he can run a pseudo-indie like no one else.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I don't know what caused them to change direction but Devlin was being played up as a baby face in materials from the moment he was announced, up until the middle of this week where they had him doing press and teasing the dissension with Balor. I think they were aware that he wasn't going to be that well received as a face. Turns out he's good as a heel.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I love Dunne. He is the best.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I fancy Andrews against Big Head.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Setting the over under for number of times Connors adjusts his hair at 8.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Mark Andrews reminds me of pop culture from when I was in high school and it makes me happy because there's some bizarre nostalgia associated with it even though the dude is like 7 years younger than me I think.

Or as we call it, contemporary culture in Wales.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I said it last night, but its genuinely cool to listen to Cole when he seems to be enjoying himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

That tope.

• Locked thread