Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So does WWE have an actual relationship with PROGRESS? When WWE was floating around the idea of indies on the Network (which I hope still happens tbh) was PROGRESS one of them?

They worked with PROGRESS as well as WWN on the CWC stuff. I believe ZSJ wrestled Dunne as a WWE qualifier for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ishin posted:

Gallaher did as well.

Whereas Noam Dar.... can speak Hebrew. (Noam Dar sucks is the point I'm making)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
B-but, if Wolfgang wrestles Seven, one of them has to lose?!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dan Moloney: "I may have done a murder"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bartok posted:

who isn't?

Tom Lawlor account spotted.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm guessing Seven and Dunne for the finals? Brackets would make Seven/Devlin and Mandrews/Dunne the obvious semis for me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Devlin beating Bate is going to make him the biggest heel in Europe, people gonna want Trent to eat the little Irish gently caress.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

They might get Dunne kicked off so he can do the Progress show tomorrow and used this as a way to protect him from eating a loss

Could slide Burch back in with the excuse that the pin was a bad call by the ref, plus the post-match attack.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

drat that hardway on Burch was gnarly

Is Devlin supposed to be heel or does Blackpool just really hate an Irishman

Probably both. That post-match attack seems unlikely to be something WWE would let slide as an audible, but might roll with if the blood just messed with the planned finish and angle. I'd bet the idea was Devlin going over with held tights or using the ropes or something.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

I don't know what caused them to change direction but Devlin was being played up as a baby face in materials from the moment he was announced, up until the middle of this week where they had him doing press and teasing the dissension with Balor. I think they were aware that he wasn't going to be that well received as a face. Turns out he's good as a heel.

Someone probably pointed out he's from the part of Ireland that's not part of the UK and they realised they were basically pushing a guy from outside the territory as a babyface contender for a regional belt. Plus he looks similar enough to Balor but is so obviously much greener that there's an easy backlash.

They did the same thing with Dar, and to a lesser extent with Almas. Not to mention the ill-advised attempt to get Eva Marie over as a face. I think they see pretty people and assume natural babyface, regardless of their actual presence and then have to rethink it when reality ensues.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 15, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:lol: if you think that was anywhere near the performance this was.

...This final was good but no way was it as good as Ibushi/TJP.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, at best you'd get a Regal proxy, like maybe Cesaro, Ohno or hell, maybe Gallagher (the latter could actually work pretty well, with Jack being upset at the unsportsmanlike conduct).

Could Regal do a special ref spot as long as he didn't have to bump?

Also, I can see pigeonholing Bate alongside Gallagher, but beyond moustaches, I'm not quite sure where the Vaudevillains come in? Their gimmicks are fairly different. "Literally a 1920s circus strongman act" is not the same as "traditional polite British grappler".

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 16, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hate whoever here mentioned that he looks like Bill DeMott, because I can't unsee it.

Changing the subject, I'm almost wondering if WWE aren't better just airing a bunch of UK indies and using the belt as a touring national champion like the old NWA title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Two Beans posted:

I put "Michael Cole calling what's happening in the match instead of talking about other things" and "literally everything Pete Dunne did".

I tried to politely put this by praising Cole and Nigel's focus on the in-ring stuff. I figure poo poo-talking them is just going to get ignored, but constructive comments might get looked at.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 19, 2017

• Locked thread