Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Revenant Threshold posted:

Two hours, and WWE managed to make a contemptible heel and a face that had the whole place on their feet cheering for him.

I feel like people are giving WWE too much credit. They put on a great two nights but they didn't make Bate or Dunne.
Fans came to that show already knowing both of those guys, Bate got over easily as a face because he was already over with the fans.
It was smart of wwe to put dunne against bate though as otherwise people would have cheered for dunne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I knew nether of them and as far as I know the roster was considered disappointing because there weren't any main event names in the tournament.

Those two were probably the biggest names.
And I was speaking specifically about the fans in the audience which without their hype I don't think the lads will have gotten over with the home audience.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Gorn Myson posted:

I had no idea who any of these guys were until yesterday, and I marked out big time to Bate's victory. Its not just a matter of being over with the crowd, it's a matter of good storytelling. As someone who attended both shows, I can guarantee you that the pop that Bate got on his first match is nothing compared to the ones he got in the last hour of today's show.

Yeah fair enough maybe my knowledge of them prior is masking my view of this.
I definitely think they did a great job with the storytelling as I was rooting for Bate even though I'm a huge Dunne mark. Plus It's got me interested in a UK show if they do it, which I was kind of against before this.

• Locked thread