Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GenericMartini posted:

Let's go Jordan Devlin, Tucker, Wolfgang, and Andrews. gently caress England!

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

It's a stupid thing but it kind of bothers me that the "United Kingdom" is being represented by 13 Englishmen, 1 Welsh, 1 Scot, and 1 Not-Northern Irishman.

It's not like I'm offended or question the "integrity" or anything. It just sort of makes it feel like they didn't even bother to find a field that would justify the title.

Although if I told my Irish friends and family they'd probably be furious.

It's 12 Englishmen, 1 Welshman, 1 Scot, 1 Northern Irishman and 1 Irishman. Tucker's just covering up the Red Hand of Ulster in his picture.

If you were to make a tournament field that accurately represents the makeup of the UK, it'd be approximately 13.24 Englishmen, 1.32 Scots, 0.76 Welshmen and 0.45 Northern Irishmen so WWE did a pretty decent job.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just got done watching. Seven/Wolfgang, Dunne/Andrews and the final were great. I burst out laughing when it cut to Cole and Nigel wearing their loving Blue Peter badges. With his look and his story, Wolfgang feels like he should be at least 6 or 7 years older. British wrestling in general seems to follow JRPG rules when everyone's like five years younger than you expect them to be. Except Trent Seven.

oatgan posted:

If he defends it at Wrestlemania it will either be at the Progress show in town that weekend or on the WM pre-show

Maybe on Takeover? The San Antonio card is looking pretty sparse tbh so having a match with some sort of stakes pre built in would be good. I don't trust post-Ward NXT to give me more than one or two matches I care about anymore.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 16, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Seriously. He has a unique charisma about him that the rest of the field did not. He also just looks like a crazy/creepy little troll who will literally do anything to anyone if it helps his own career. I really wound up liking him more and more throughout the weekend.

Yeah, it reached the point where I was rooting for him against Andrews despite Andrews being the face and my countryman.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but my one criticism was having Finlay, Balor, Regal, HHH and the ring announcer in the ring dwarfing Bate at the end made him look like a literal child.

• Locked thread