Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

This pic makes Nigel look like Mads Mikkelsen and Michael Cole had a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope Danny Burch goes far in this. I always felt he was underrated in NXT and could've been used a lot better. He doesn't appear often but he's been really solid when he has.

KungFu Grip posted:

It's pretty hosed that a country not part of the United kingdom is in this tournament imo
It sounds better than "British Isles Tournament" I guess.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That went waaaay differently than I thought. I figured Danny Burch would've gone far, and I had Trent Seven to win it once Burch was out. Great to see Tommy End. I'm guessing he gets his official renaming in NXT. Andrews was great but his 2003 pop-punk presentation kinda made me hate him. The final match was really good, but Bate hasn't quite grasped believable selling yet. When Dunne was really pulling back on his injured shoulder, Bate just looked mildly annoyed.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's honestly surreal as hell to hear Cole on a WWE product namedropping indie promotions left and right.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's a small aesthetic, but Pete Dunne's mouthguard really completes his look of being a bullying scumbag. It gives him this creepy look that he doesn't quite reach without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah it was done really well. Here's the clip if you haven't seen it:
https://youtu.be/wdcGHD2Xmj0
Nigel asks why he'd do something like that on the biggest stage of his career, HHH chuckles and walks past saying "make a name for yourself kid", and then Regal chases him down and lights into him. Also worth noting is 1:21 in this video where Regal, who is of course a master at this, switches from concerned and sympathetic to homicidal in about 5 frames of video.

The little motion of Dunne taking off his wrist tape and then just dropping it on the floor is such a nice touch.

• Locked thread