Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I finally caught up with this show and I'm so happy I did. This slow burn of a series is exactly what I didn't know I wanted. It's so relaxing, even when it's serious. It reminds me of the feeling Mushishi episodes gave me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Well, I'm a bit startled after that last episode. I was not expecting anything like that. I kinda liked the idea of Jean just being a dude.

But now that I'm thinking about it, the king's love of sweets is pretty reminiscent of Lotta and the fact that he's chill as gently caress is like Jean. So yeah, I see the relation there.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I tend to usually ignore fan theories for being batshit crazy, so even if I had seen it I don't think I'd have believed it. If the show was hinting it was being pretty drat subtle. I didn't suspect anything until it was straight up told to me.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
If the rest of the cast weren't so great, nino's dad made an excellent case for being the best character after only one episode.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Alder posted:

Is it Grossular? I felt dumb the entire few eps since I waited for the reveal but everyone in his district had white hair too.

I don't think the King is going to die anytime soon but will probably vanish a bit for the finale. Also why can't Nino marry Lotta since she's not royalty anymore? Other than he just doesn't want to :coffee:

Well, she is technically still royalty. The claim to the throne is still there and that's what the whole coup deal is about.

But also he's at least 15 years older than her and while that's not a 100% dealbreaker that is a bit off-putting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm sad because I want more but I also don't want it to continue because it was such a good ending. Everything wrapped up nicely.

But I want to see Jean and Lotta and everyone else eating cakes more.

• Locked thread