Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

brainwrinkle posted:

I thought the princess was going to marry the guard, but he's obviously Grossular. I like that he chose that path for her happiness - he must have truly loved her.

Is it Grossular? I felt dumb the entire few eps since I waited for the reveal but everyone in his district had white hair too.

I don't think the King is going to die anytime soon but will probably vanish a bit for the finale. Also why can't Nino marry Lotta since she's not royalty anymore? Other than he just doesn't want to :coffee:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Xinder posted:

But also he's at least 15 years older than her and while that's not a 100% dealbreaker that is a bit off-putting.

Welp I forgot this part so that makes more sense. Also going back to HS is hell even if you love your king.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

So who was the mustache man really? Did I miss something?

Does Jean like General Mauve?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

brainwrinkle posted:

Mustache Man (Jean's boss) was the royal guard who left with Lotta and Jean's mom I think. It makes sense that he was often hanging out with Lotta now.

Great ending. Not what I predicted at all, but I'm really happy with it.

OK but why did Grossular agree with the traitor official in the first place? Was it all a ruse to find out the coup plot?

House of Five Leaves and Ristorante Paradiso are good anime series too.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

What? Preference alone isn't enough?

I feel like there'd be mostly talking heads x100 which would be less than interesting for anime. Would it appeal to people who dislike all the the other anime genres except for politics? If so they could always read/watch a documentary or nonfiction book.

Also does LoTGH count as politics in space? I watched the 1st movie and failed to watch the remainder series. Perhaps, parts of HxH where they visit the strange country not-North Korea?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Van Dine posted:

I'll give Ristorante Paradiso a try, although I suspect it will not have the suspicious cakes of political intrigue which I crave.

It features great Italian cooking and mature cast :v:

Her works tend to be laid-back and calm characters even if their lives are less than ideal.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

an actual dog posted:

This is not the thread I would expect to have a "why make this anime" conversation in lol

I wouldn't mind making this kind of anime and I was trying to think of relevant existing series in the same category. For example, Gatchaman Crowds Insight does mention politics but it's extremely anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nina posted:

I need more lowkey, non-bombastic anime like ACCA

Flying Witch
House of Five Leaves
Humanity Has Declined
Kids on A Slope
Shinreigari: Ghost Hound
Shigofumi
Kino's Journey

They're all calming and somewhat peaceful shows set in a small town or travellers.

• Locked thread