Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Paracelsus posted:

The character designs are really dragging this down for me.

That's weird, because I felt that this show has some excellent character designs burdened by a lack of characterization.

I'll follow this for a bit though, because I'm curious about the sinister federal fire/ police/ welfare/ roll cake department.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Julias posted:

Natsume Ono has a really distinctive way of drawing people, and it tends to turn off a lot of people, understandably so since it's so strikingly bizarre. My introduction to Ono was her Manga "Not Simple", which is a hosed up story, and I felt the weird artstyle added to the experience. I've since checked out a bit of her other works, and in my opinion they style works well for other stories too, but there's a bit of dissonance if you haven't become accustomed to her artstyle.

This is the first time I've encountered her work, but anything that includes such a variety of facial hair from the bizarre to the mundane must have something going for it.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
this show feels weirdly disjointed to me. is it a political thriller, or a light hearted romp? it kind of slips and slides between the two at will which kind of deflates any tension that's been built up by the political scenes and distracts me from the light hearted scenes because i'm constantly wondering if their some sort of deeper meaning i'm supposed to be taking away from the main character suddenly eating a strawberry the size of his head

i think i'll keep following along even if it stays like this, but it just strikes me as a really strange tone

also when nino mentions that he's been watching for jean for 30 years, is that a mistranslation or typo, or are we meant to take away that he was actually monitoring him for the 15 years before they "met" in highschool?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
man, it's hard to tell if everyone is kind of dense or if each character is plotting their own separate coup

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
every episode is a race to see exactly how rickety and rear end backwards they can make the system of governance.

• Locked thread