Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fellis posted:

I just burned through this and i thought it was great, but I am bummed that it appears that Jean really is clueless about what's going on and doesn't secretly have a plot within a plot.

He's not really clueless, and the lack of obsessive scheming is what makes him a fun character. The chillness is what the show is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

I don't think it was mentioned here, but the Japanese disc releases will have English subtitles. It's being released in three boxsets (4 episodes per), so it comes in a decent amount cheaper than your typical 2 episode discs. I was going to import them anyway, since I've taken to doing that lately, but I'm kinda worried about this show getting a US release. So a good option if anybody is really after owning/supporting the show.

Funimation is dubbing it, so I wouldn't be hugely surprised if it got one. It's got pretty boys those shows sell.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

ACCA stuff for sale. Nothing that I really wanted, sadly.

You should have bought something, to show your loyalty to ACCA

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Van Dine posted:

I loved this series, and I think the final episode wrapped everything up very well and appropriately.

My problem now is that ACCA has really left a void to fill. It was a really unusual show. Where am I going to find other series which are ostensibly about politics and intrigue but are actually about cake? It's a tough niche. At the very least, I hope it'll come out in English on DVD so that I can show it to more people.

Now that I think about it, emotionally charged food is kinda Natsume Ono's thing, isn't it? Watch House of Five Leaves if you haven't yet.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The West Wing is already an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This is not the thread I would expect to have a "why make this anime" conversation in lol

• Locked thread