Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This is the no fun allowed thread.

dont worry, ill still talk about all the dumb poo poo in this thread too. the other thread is way better tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Is that the same guy who played for Trihex's run a few years back?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

:siren: WE ARE LIVE :siren:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
watch this while you wait for games to be played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rW7LSUQ80

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I share SpikeVegeta's enthusiasm for the DKC Trilogy relay race

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
After all these events, I still don't enjoy the races :( I can never manage to follow what's going on.

The exception is Mario Maker of course, that was hilarious.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Ninja Gaiden race was one of the best moments I've witnessed in GDQ's, though. The finish came really down to the wire too.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

I'm not familiar with OoT 3D speed runs. How do they compare with the original OoT?

Didn't Nintendo intentionally keep in most of the glitches? I'm also really interested in seeing how it differs though, definitely one of the runs I'm looking forward to :3:

e: oh heck yeah, Wind Waker HD run sounds amazing

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The floor looks like someone died there.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
What the hell is going on with that floor

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

eonwe posted:

Agreed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

eonwe posted:

Anyone got a clip from the Battleblock Theater run with the announcer reading one of those sad donations in a really chipper voice?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't really get what this mystery tournament is about but it does sound great.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Preshow gets better each time

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The pre-show has gotten over 4000$ for donations already and it deserves every bit.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Preshow gets better each time

yeah this is actually watchable

Also the production value keeps improving!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Dark Souls III is the Dark Souls II of

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I like the earnest, outdated internet humor.

EDIT: this is a smaller room isn't it?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you throw blechy, golden, and spike vegeta (and the other guy, I like him but I don't remember his name) on a stage and you got somethin going

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Dsdad with that pop off

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

eonwe posted:

you throw blechy, golden, and spike vegeta (and the other guy, I like him but I don't remember his name) on a stage and you got somethin going

Feasel. He'll be running Final Fantasy and he's cool

He hosted a lot of that RTA Japan event if you watched that.

Also tell the host not to shout in the mic

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Little Mac posted:

Dsdad with that pop off
Blowing out the levels.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I really like the camera angle that shows the entire audience this time.

Also why is that guy wearing an emergency light on his head

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I was gonna go make lunch but Ape Escape 2 looks real good

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

eonwe posted:

feasel.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

This boss is amazing, oh my god

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I like this run!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

There's another AGDQ thread stickied right now that got posted earlier (and got more responses), help me figure out which one should stay. I realize that this one was made by the same OP as last year and there was effort put into it but the other one was first and is currently more popular.

I stickied both for the time being (lol).

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

My favorite part is when people clap for things that don't deserve clapping

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Also I say this thread should say since it sucks that KennyMan666 put all this effort into this thread only to be upstaged by a lame joke

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ok, so the idea now is that both threads are stickied right now and the mor popular and less awful one will stay.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Palpek posted:

There's another AGDQ thread stickied right now that got posted earlier (and got more responses), help me figure out which one should stay. I realize that this one was made by the same OP as last year and there was effort put into it but the other one was first and is currently more popular.

this one has a lot of weirdly unchill no fun allowed rules so the other one imo

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Also I say this thread should say since it sucks that KennyMan666 put all this effort into this thread only to be upstaged by a lame joke

Agreed.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Palpek posted:

This OP is better but it'll probably just get drowned out in angry shitposting if it replaces the other one

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Palpek posted:

Just let them both be stickied for a week. This one has a lot of good info in the OP and it would be a shame for it to go to waste. The other one can be anything-goes. Also I wouldn't mind that I don't have to wade through 500 posts looking for recommended runs from last night.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

This OP is better but it'll probably just get drowned out in angry shitposting if it replaces the other one

How about regular shitposting

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Move the other one to GBS

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Thanks for making the right call, Palpek

e: oh nvm

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah seriously, this quieter thread seems like a good place to catch up after being away for some hours.

Little Mac posted:

Move the other one to GBS

Sounds good. Don't delete it outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

How about those T-shirts this year, though?

http://www.theyetee.com/agdq

Looks like they had me in mind with that Yume Penguin tee ...

• Locked thread