Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Hmm hmm ok, the idea to have one thread with more conservative discussion and another one with chill chat is interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Just fuse both threads. That's a thing that can be done, right?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think it's fine to have one thread for meme spam and a chill one for the occasional post about runs :shobon:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

TeaJay posted:

How about those T-shirts this year, though?

http://www.theyetee.com/agdq

Looks like they had me in mind with that Yume Penguin tee ...

That Glitz Pit shirt is amazing and I want it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
link to the fast shirt is good

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Yeah, I think this thread would be good for thoughtful discussions and run recommendations without the drama, and the other is good for live shitposting and meming.

Also I picked up the Spread Shot shirt.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love Nina's design on the Contra shirt but I can't wear that green color in public.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Palpek posted:

Hmm hmm ok, the idea to have one thread with more conservative discussion and another one with chill chat is interesting.

Yeah this is the perfect outcome. Plus it easier to ask about missed runs in say this thread then the faster moving thread.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Nice job on the Ape Escape 2 run, Ion

I should probably play Ape Escape at some point

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Palpek posted:

As someone who would enjoy both threads I love this idea.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ok thread titles got updated - this is Serious Speedrun Discussion And Critique Station

The other one is Chill Meme Chat Thread For Cool People.

Enjoy.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my critique is that ape escape is good

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Excellent, thanks Palpek.

So that run was tight as hell and ion has the heart of a showman. The Dax shoutout is so loving sad though because I've been reading his twitter about how he just can't get in because something got hosed with his registration and he travelled all the way to get turned away at the door. I feel really bad for the guy.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yo this layout rules

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Palpek posted:

Ok thread titles got updated - this is Serious Speedrun Discussion And Critique Station

The other one is Chill Meme Chat Thread For Cool People.

Enjoy.

A solid start to the event.

Also I like the donation incentives counters. They are making the GUI better every year.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

This was linked in the other thread and I'm going to link it here because it is super good:
https://horaro.org/agdq/2017

A way better schedule page, in my opinion.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Holy poo poo that actually updates to the game that's been played currently.

e: I am stoopid

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
https://twitter.com/gdqisno1 will auto-tweet screenshots when whatever GDQ is running becomes the #1 most watched game on Twitch. What will be first to dethrone LoL?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Dos posted:

https://twitter.com/gdqisno1 will auto-tweet screenshots when whatever GDQ is running becomes the #1 most watched game on Twitch. What will be first to dethrone LoL?

the turing test

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I wish they would introduce the couch too, especially if the people there are mic'd, and they actually have something to add.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Didn't know this remake was licensed out. Was that the case with Majora Mask 3DS as well?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe I'm learning new stuff about OoT from a speedrun. This is really interesting so far!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rirse posted:

Didn't know this remake was licensed out. Was that the case with Majora Mask 3DS as well?

yes and by the same people as oot

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I love the cacophonic combat music as Link emotionlessly hovers forward

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Link's gonna go fast ~

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Also I have no idea what the actual run is like, but RE0 HD is gonna be run with Wesker Mode, and the concept of that is that you play as Wesker from RE5 and dissolve zombies with literal eye-lasers with your compatriot Evil Rebecca Chambers. So I have high hopes!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest this OoT 3D run has been a lot better than I expected. Although I'm not a big fan of 3D Zeldas, Ben's really chill.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

KennyMan666 posted:

Whatever the hell this is (listed as "AGDQ 2017 Catbag")!

poor Papel never gets any respect. even FrankerFaceZ users spamming CatBag don't know who it is :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TeaJay posted:

To be honest this OoT 3D run has been a lot better than I expected. Although I'm not a big fan of 3D Zeldas, Ben's really chill.

its good, but I love OOT 3d

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

TeaJay posted:

It's nice to watch an Ocarina run for once that's actually in English. Not that you get much chance to actually read anything...

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I love 3D Zelda runs in general but this is wonderful :3: Great runner and fantastic glitches, basically everything I wanted from this.

And supposedly now the real fun starts?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

If you switch an item you can use to an item you can't use you have one frame and you can use it

Also what is going on right now

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I went out for lunch so I've missed a pretty good chunk of this run, but that's fine. I still need to beat Ocarina on my own someday

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Link has become the master of Time and Space while still a child.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This is seriously close of making my "must watch" list already.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TeaJay posted:

This is seriously close of making my "must watch" list already.

its gonna be on mine

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

eonwe posted:

its gonna be on mine

Yeah, I mean, Ben is seriously chill and funny, explains everything and he seems very natural, not forced or anything. And the game has some crazy glitches. Perfect combination.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

drat, get owned Phantom Ganon

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Euro folks who have ordered Yetee shirts before: how do the US sizes compare? Is their L the same as you'd buy over here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Whoa, that could've been really bad but he turned it around. Awesome save

• Locked thread