Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Silver Alicorn posted:

it's the nature of the glitch that is interesting.

i.e., this sort of stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB6eY73sLV0

quote:

by spitting out red shells at specific x-coordinates we can write specific instructions to this table and then execute them by collecting a 1-up

:stare:

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

tas is awesome

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

Bloody posted:

tas is awesome

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
yeah, the really advanced tech that goes into some tool-assisted runs is really neat from a programmer perspective, especially when as with that smw run they manage to find a way to bridge the gap and become human-executable

busting a video game down into its components for larks is fun

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
that mgs2 run was awkward enough without the cringey announcer

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Fallen Hamprince posted:

some minor speedrunning celebrity got married super young bc he was/is a mormon, brought mormonwife to the agdq event. its a convention full of horny male nerds so if ur a young, reasonably non-disfigured nerd woman who had to get married so u could gently caress your boyfriend in a Jesus-acceptable way its basically a full serve dong buffet, like a nerd dick jamboree. what u'd think would happened happened and lots of horrible high-school-esque drama ensued

It wasn't really that much drama or most of it has died down for now,but there is this one subreddit inhabited almost entirely by one guy (who is totally not mormonguy for real I swear) who pops up every gdq to post about how gdq is covering up the truth or some poo poo

E. https://www.reddit.com/r/SamandTolki (tw: reddit)

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 9, 2017

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

wtf is this bullshit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I'm glad that Mormon guy's wife had sex with all the nerds at the video game thing, and it's super cool that he's still publicly mad about it three years later.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

The Puppet Master posted:

mods change my name to

or

fallen hamprince's skill with a quill is undeniable

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Fallen Hamprince posted:

its basically a full serve dong buffet, like a nerd dick jamboree

lmao

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
The guy brought his wife around the demographic best known for having absolutely no ability to act appropriately in public, and he's still mad about it.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

The guy brought his wife around the demographic best known for having absolutely no ability to act appropriately in public, and he's still mad about it.

more like he's surprised that his repressed teenage mormon bride went kind of cock crazy after realizing that alcohol and guys with functioning libidos exist.

as for some quality cringe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_WqMMBBUMY

this guy was apparently banned for life from both future events and twitch itself.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

The_Franz posted:

more like he's surprised that his repressed teenage mormon bride went kind of cock crazy after realizing that alcohol and guys with functioning libidos exist.

this guy was apparently banned for life from both future events and twitch itself.

Nah, normal human beings aren't going to randomly gently caress your wife as a rule. Gamers just don't understand appropriate behavior.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

Nah, normal human beings aren't going to randomly gently caress your wife as a rule. Gamers just don't understand appropriate behavior.

normal human beings in first-world countries also don't get married at ages that end with 'teen' anymore

nor do they spend their honeymoon streaming pokemon 24 hours a day for a week

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
The Kingdom Hearts speedrunners are decent to watch. Zelda OOT/Majora Mask runners are fun too. This year's game lineup is kind of weak tho.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
rpg speedruns are garbage

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

The_Franz posted:

cock crazy

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
the shovel knight race was very good btw, like a 6 second difference at the end

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
These videos have convinced me that there is no one I would rather hang out with less than gamers.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Improbable Lobster posted:

rpg speedruns are garbage

i never knew speedruns were a thing until i saw someone beat Morrowind in 15 minutes and my thought was BULLSHIT.

and then i recreated their trick, first try, in about 20 minutes and my eyes were opened to a new ridiculous world...

of how bad developers could be, cuz bethesda srsly did not even consider that MAYBE potions shouldn't stack like that, so a potion of intelligence that was supposed to give like +5 could stack until you're in the thousands, and then you're doing potions of flight also in the thousands until you're a loving F-22 Neverar rocketing across the ashlands getting up in Dagoth Ur's face, and he's like "But to this place where destiny is made. Why have you come unprepar OW OW OW OW OW gently caress YOU STABBED ME IN THE FACE" and the credits roll.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Iridium posted:

i never knew speedruns were a thing until i saw someone beat Morrowind in 15 minutes and my thought was BULLSHIT.

and then i recreated their trick, first try, in about 20 minutes and my eyes were opened to a new ridiculous world...

of how bad developers could be, cuz bethesda srsly did not even consider that MAYBE potions shouldn't stack like that, so a potion of intelligence that was supposed to give like +5 could stack until you're in the thousands, and then you're doing potions of flight also in the thousands until you're a loving F-22 Neverar rocketing across the ashlands getting up in Dagoth Ur's face, and he's like "But to this place where destiny is made. Why have you come unprepar OW OW OW OW OW gently caress YOU STABBED ME IN THE FACE" and the credits roll.

Actually this is awesome and there is nothing less fun than a game you can't bend the rules in. I think developers should frankly accept this and stop drawing invisible walls and poo poo to prevent my fun.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Salt Fish posted:

Actually this is awesome and there is nothing less fun than a game you can't bend the rules in. I think developers should frankly accept this and stop drawing invisible walls and poo poo to prevent my fun.

but but my amazing narrative!!!

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
i havent seen the something autistic logo, more proof gdq is ignoring their core demographic to appeal to 'normal' people

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

new gang tag idea

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Any kind of event involving nerd "culture" and a hotel or convention center always results in property damage, drama, and bannings.

someone get the reddit post from the guy at the furry convention who whines that his rights were violated because he got wasted on four beers and puked all over the lobby and got kicked out of the hotel

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Sagebrush posted:

someone get the reddit post from the guy at the furry convention who whines that his rights were violated because he got wasted on four beers and puked all over the lobby and got kicked out of the hotel

Rain Furrest 2015 involved men wearing fetish gear and making GBS threads in diapers in a hotel lobby where children were present.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Citizen Tayne posted:

These videos have convinced me that there is no one I would rather hang out with less than gamers.

everything had been fine up to this point

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

i hope youre not comparing gamers to loving furries, friend

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

if a speedrun lasts longer than 30 minutes including setup and tear down it's not a speed run anymore

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Syncopated posted:

i hope youre not comparing gamers to loving furries, friend

Why not?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Citizen Tayne posted:

Rain Furrest 2015 involved men wearing fetish gear and making GBS threads in diapers in a hotel lobby where children were present.

please don`t post about your own posts

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Citizen Tayne posted:

but what if she's attractive and is nice to me and also we're drunk, you can't help that.

also, thanks for pointing out the drama

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I basically just leave this up at work, the Mario Kart race was good. otherwise I agree the RPG runs are dumb unless it's a game breaking run, like the failed FF1 run (or was it dragon quest? i don't remember) from last year.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Improbable Lobster posted:

please don`t post about your own posts

Wow

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

bc gaming is a sport and also art and furryism is a fetish???

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Syncopated posted:

Now more than ever it is obvious that gaming is a fetish.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Syncopated posted:

is this real

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The only esport to ever exist was SC:BW, and that stopped being a sport once the teams disbanded in 2009, although it is still played at the highest level of any competitive video game today.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
just saw a dude play kirby by shaking a gamecube and using his foot on a ddr mat, and he got a 1 second pb. Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i v much enjoyed the deus ex one that was done by a goon a few years ago, for 2 reasons:

- because the guy has a personality and talks about what he's doing and makes jokes instead of just staring autistically at the screen and occasionally sighing while the mc tries to narrate

- because the guy has the same haircut as jc denton

any other ones I've tried to watch have been painful.

• Locked thread