Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This show is definitely a hidden gem in my opinion. I wonder what the author's inspiration is for writing this. It seems like it comes from the heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
This episode was extremely sweet :unsmith:

I'm low-key excited for next episode because it means I can make the image I've always wanted to make

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
This episode brought a little tear to my eye. They're such sweet, kind, well-behaved students! And Takahashi is such a responsible and caring mentor for them. The video thank you letter was super touching. :unsmith:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I liked that the video letter was not vertical video. 10/10

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Zettace posted:

I liked that the video letter was not vertical video. 10/10

They're demi-chans not monsters!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Its a loving crime that its the last episode next

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It was a good last episode. I need to scrub through it for clips later.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

What if we built a tiny submarine for Machi's head?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Most importantly, we finally get to see how jacked Takahashi is.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

What if we built a tiny submarine for Machi's head?

They didn't answer the question what happens to her flame/subspace link when her body goes under water.
How about strapping a camera with a wireless link onto her body, and then have her dive while watching with the head on land? Or maybe even make a dual camera + VR glasses thing.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sindai posted:

Most importantly, we finally get to see how jacked Takahashi is.

"I'll carry your hea-- Okay!"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Senseis need to hook up I swear

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I liked that you could see the glint off the guy's binoculars before they showed him spying on them. Nice detail.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I'm really sad that that was the end of it. :saddowns: There's a manga, right?

Droyer posted:

I liked that you could see the glint off the guy's binoculars before they showed him spying on them. Nice detail.

I loving saw that! I wondered what it was.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Zeruel posted:

I'm really sad that that was the end of it. :saddowns: There's a manga, right?

I loving saw that! I wondered what it was.

Yeah, but as of episode 10, the anime is now ahead of the manga.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Kibibit posted:

Yeah, but as of episode 10, the anime is now ahead of the manga.

Or to be more precise, ahead of the translated chapters.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Or to be more precise, ahead of the translated chapters.

Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry. :saddowns:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Sakie is very cute when she's flustered and thinking about whether or not Tetsuo was effected by her succubus power in episode 7

also, god drat Hikari's VA sounds like she's having a lot of fun :3:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Knorth posted:

Sakie is very cute when she's flustered and thinking about whether or not Tetsuo was effected by her succubus power in episode 7

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

This was probably my favorite anime this season, it was just so warm and heartfelt from start to finish. The police episode was kind of mediocre (mostly because the boy's story didn't go anywhere), but all other episodes were so good.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Zeruel posted:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Twist: Takahashi is an incubus.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Takahashi sure got inured to succubus power pretty quickly. Man has an iron will.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Mirage posted:

Takahashi sure got inured to succubus power pretty quickly. Man has an iron will.

Not the only part of him that is rock hard. :wiggle:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Zeruel posted:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is the kind of image that the Conan franchise invented the phrase "sinewed thews" for.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

would be better if the teachers kissed

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

would be better if the teachers kissed

I would be down for an entire spinoff about the teachers kissing and being cute.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kissing a succubus seems dangerous

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Better to live life on the edge than not live at all in that case.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

El Burbo posted:

Kissing a succubus seems dangerous

Not if you're Constantine

(I believe the following line is "...falling into a vortex")

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

FutureCop posted:

Not if you're Constantine

(I believe the following line is "...falling into a vortex")

Further proof that Sakie's aphrodisiac effect is compounded by her own physical looks. :eng101:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zeruel posted:

Further proof that Sakie's aphrodisiac effect is compounded by her own physical looks. :eng101:

I thought the explanation was more the other way. The succubus traits just amplify the effect of her appearance and actions.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

chumbler posted:

I thought the explanation was more the other way. The succubus traits just amplify the effect of her appearance and actions.

Whichever one is the proper way

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Zeruel posted:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The noise she made at this point sounded like a monkey, it made me laugh so hard.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The VAs in this show sound like they're having so much fun holy crap. I finished watching it on my commute and wow it is a real waste if the teachers don't end up dating in the source material

What a cute and funny show, episode 7(? the cop introduction one) has such a weird tone compared to the rest, it's pretty remarkable how out of place it feels.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Araki posted:

This was probably my favorite anime this season, it was just so warm and heartfelt from start to finish. The police episode was kind of mediocre (mostly because the boy's story didn't go anywhere), but all other episodes were so good.

Agreed, this was the show I always looked forward to most each week. I'll probably hold out hope for season 2 instead of reading the manga, it just can't match the atmosphere of the anime, especially with the top notch voice acting.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

You're not wrong on on the atmosphere part, but it's still a fun read. No S2 spoiler danger (yet), either.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
AotS, undoubtedly. I am going to buy the manga.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Knorth posted:

The VAs in this show sound like they're having so much fun holy crap. I finished watching it on my commute and wow it is a real waste if the teachers don't end up dating in the source material

What a cute and funny show, episode 7(? the cop introduction one) has such a weird tone compared to the rest, it's pretty remarkable how out of place it feels.

That episode was awkward to watch but I'll give it that it established the cop and some of his relationship with Satou-sensei. This made later episodes feel better as she has someone to fan girl over Tetsuo about which establishes more of him being the "father" figure in her life but also highlights just how secluded she's made her self in that she's talking to an old guy about a crush.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't believe it's over already :smith:

Amazing show, will push onto all my friends as soon as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Demicol posted:

Agreed, this was the show I always looked forward to most each week. I'll probably hold out hope for season 2 instead of reading the manga, it just can't match the atmosphere of the anime, especially with the top notch voice acting.

This and Dragon Maid were tied for me. Such good shows.

• Locked thread