Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
My backlog demolition continues. This show was absurdly wholesome and heartwarming. Starting to hate shows that last twelve episodes though, they just leave me wanting more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Revolver Bunker posted:

That episode was awkward to watch but I'll give it that it established the cop and some of his relationship with Satou-sensei.

I think Episode 7 would've worked better if they'd left Kurtz out entirely for his own arc down the road when the manga gets to him/they get to that point in the manga, and focused solely on Satao and Ugaki's relationship.

Knorth posted:

The VAs in this show sound like they're having so much fun holy crap.

I think it really helps that the characters themselves are so very :kimchi: themselves. Here's to hoping for Season 2!

Hoooraaa~

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Takahashi's journey to understand his Demi students was a sincerely heartwarming. Between this and Maidragon, it was a good season for supernatural slice-of-life anime.

CommissarMega posted:

Here's to hoping for Season 2!

Unfortunately, it's pretty uncommon for a SoL anime to get more than one season. Off the top of my head, the only ones I can think of that did get more than one season are Hidamari Sketch and Kiniro Mosaic.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Command Ant posted:

Takahashi's journey to understand his Demi students was a sincerely heartwarming. Between this and Maidragon, it was a good season for supernatural slice-of-life anime.

Unfortunately, it's pretty uncommon for a SoL anime to get more than one season. Off the top of my head, the only ones I can think of that did get more than one season are Hidamari Sketch and Kiniro Mosaic.

Kirara series tend to be merch powerhouses, so more seasons = more merch. I doubt this is the case for this series sadly.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Command Ant posted:

YuruYuri as well

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Command Ant posted:

Aw gently caress, really? That's a kick in the gut. Surely they can try and sell stuff overseas, right? I can certainly see this going down better than Pantyshot Isekai Harem #69 on DVD sales everywhere that isn't Japan, at least.

Xelkelvos posted:

Kirara series tend to be merch powerhouses, so more seasons = more merch. I doubt this is the case for this series sadly.

I'd buy a Machi figurine with real Hoooraaa~ action and so would you and the rest of the planet, don't deny it :v:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Command Ant posted:

You're missing quite a few :v:

K-On, GochiUsa, Non Non Biyori, Aria, Working!, New Game has one coming up, and someone mentioned Yuruyuri.

There's probably some I'm forgetting too but I don't really think it's that uncommon, especially if the show is popular.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

cathead posted:

K-On, GochiUsa, Non Non Biyori, Aria, Working!, New Game has one coming up, and someone mentioned Yuruyuri.

There's probably some I'm forgetting too but I don't really think it's that uncommon, especially if the show is popular.

Free, Love Live, Rainy Cocoa, Encouragement of Climb

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

cathead posted:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Free, Love Live, Rainy Cocoa, Encouragement of Climb

Hot drat, I stand corrected. Maybe there is hope for more Demi-chan! :pray:

All that being said, though, there are still plenty of good & popular SoL shows that only get one season. Shows like Nichijou, Flying Witch, A-Channel, & Nichijou were all consigned to having only one season.

Maybe it just says something about me that I think more about the shows that should've gotten more than one season.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Flying Witch was just last year, I wouldn't necessarily count it out yet. Unless there's just not enough source material to go with or something. And Nichijou was at least 2-cour (though of course I would love more).

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

Flying Witch was just last year, I wouldn't necessarily count it out yet. Unless there's just not enough source material to go with or something. And Nichijou was at least 2-cour (though of course I would love more).

The biggest problem with another cour of Flying Witch is there's not much content left after what's been covered. The first season covered the bulk of 4 Volumes, and there's only 5 completed. It's a similar situation with Demi-chan, now that I think about it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Flying Witch sold like trash. It's never getting a second season. Sales is pretty much the only thing that matters in determining whether or not a show continues.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It sold #1, in my heart.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AnoHito posted:

Flying Witch sold like trash. It's never getting a second season. Sales is pretty much the only thing that matters in determining whether or not a show continues.

Yeah. It doesn't necessarily have to be sales of the anime (I think) but sales of something has to go up a lot to justify another season (though sales of the anime is generally a good indicator regardless).

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I keep holding out hope for more Hidamari Sketch. It went for 3 seasons and a series of OAVs but the manga is still going and they've introduced a new character.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kibibit posted:

The biggest problem with another cour of Flying Witch is there's not much content left after what's been covered. The first season covered the bulk of 4 Volumes, and there's only 5 completed. It's a similar situation with Demi-chan, now that I think about it.

I think that's the main reason we haven't seen more of nearly all of the series being lamented; there isn't enough material to adapt.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Revolver Bunker posted:

I keep holding out hope for more Hidamari Sketch. It went for 3 seasons and a series of OAVs but the manga is still going and they've introduced a new character.

I don't know if I want another season. It won't be the same without Marble performing the ed, and more importantly, without Matsuki Miyu to voice Yoshinoya-sensei.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

unpronounceable posted:

I don't know if I want another season. It won't be the same without Marble performing the ed, and more importantly, without Matsuki Miyu to voice Yoshinoya-sensei.

I know what happened with Matsuki Miyu, but what would stop them from having Marble perform the ED, did they break up?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Kibibit posted:

I know what happened with Matsuki Miyu, but what would stop them from having Marble perform the ED, did they break up?

Back at the end of 2014, they went on indefinite hiatus.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-25/hidamari-sketch-theme-song-performers-marble-to-go-on-hiatus/.81425

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
https://twitter.com/zetsubouzhainu/status/860882967186604032

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Missing_the_point.jpg

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

El Burbo posted:

Missing_the_point.jpg

They must have decided on a new title without even reading the content of the manga.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
I figured I’d check this out since I’m not really watching much this season and I can whittle down my backlog a little. I usually don’t binge watch series unless they’re really good. This one I finished in four days.

I really like this series. Tetsu isn’t a giant horny pervert or a complete idiot. There’s a good balance of humor and serious moments. There’s a sprinkle of fanservice that doesn’t dominate. It was really heartwarming.

Now if only Nurse Hitomi would get an anime.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What would the Missing the Point title for Nurse Hitomi's Infirmary be?

Ignoring that it is already just called Nurse Hitomi's Infirmary because that title requires no interpretation.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

no go on Quiznos posted:

I figured I’d check this out since I’m not really watching much this season and I can whittle down my backlog a little. I usually don’t binge watch series unless they’re really good. This one I finished in four days.

I really like this series. Tetsu isn’t a giant horny pervert or a complete idiot. There’s a good balance of humor and serious moments. There’s a sprinkle of fanservice that doesn’t dominate. It was really heartwarming.

Now if only Nurse Hitomi would get an anime.

I love how the best praise for this series is by defining everything that it's not vis-a-vis other "monstergirl" genre franchises.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

chumbler posted:

What would the Missing the Point title for Nurse Hitomi's Infirmary be?

Ignoring that it is already just called Nurse Hitomi's Infirmary because that title requires no interpretation.

MONSTER NURSE

And the cover art is her looking menacing

DrSunshine posted:

I love how the best praise for this series is by defining everything that it's not vis-a-vis other "monstergirl" genre franchises.

A lot of people I know don't hate anime, but hate all those parts (dumb/perverted/one-note characters that bust on to a scene to hit their note, fanservice) so I understand describing shows like that.

Alice and Zoroku this season has been hitting those same notes for me. It's about the world's coolest grandpa wrapped up in some paranormal bullshit that he's too old to have time for. It's also been heartwarming and without any creep.

Fellis fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 8, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the OVA is up on crunchyroll. summer festival!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

That was a fun OVA. :3:

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Be sure to watch past the end credits. Not that there's anything to really see, I suppose.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

wheelgun wielder posted:

Be sure to watch past the end credits. Not that there's anything to really see, I suppose.

Hahaha.

Invisible girl is great.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

wheelgun wielder posted:

Could this mean a second season? :pray:

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Command Ant posted:

Could this mean a second season? :pray:

Manga is ongoing, so there is always hope.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Any streaming sites available to those who can't get crunchyroll? It's not available in my region :(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's on Youtube

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I had a distinctive feeling that this was going to be like an episode for the fans, like the Nadesico movie:

• Bring back all characters for a cameo appearance
  • No real unusual character development... everyone is just a bit older but with the same general flaws
  • Show off all of the endearing qualities of the cast
  • show off a super secret new character that will simply remain a mystery for the end of time because the series is definitely over and no new animation will be produced

Yes, I know that there is a manga. My curiosity for the story does not extend quite that far

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Unlike the Nadesico movie, this was good though? Although with that said I am quite upset the teachers still haven't gotten together.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's like a week after the last episode

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Yuki faking the brain-freeze :laffo:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
What the gently caress invisigirl is loving naked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Zeruel posted:

What the gently caress invisigirl is loving naked

You have to balance out possibly creeping people out wearing clothes that still has gaps and just being a ghost that people can hear but not see.

The main issue is exposure to the elements. Going to and from school especially in Japan you have the risk of rain storms and then being freezing during the winter.

• Locked thread