Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im guessing a dullahan's brain is just capable of dealing with how disorienting it must be to be able to move about with your point of view being locked somewhere else like that.

Your life is like playing an old resident evil game, all the time.

I think a normal human brain would be just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxwn1w7MJvk

Between this kind of thing and the ability of people to project themselves just fine onto a third person video game avatar (you are afraid when a monster with a chainsaw starts chasing the character and you respond by making the character run or shoot) I don't think it would be much of a problem at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Clarste posted:

Well, they aren't a race in any sense of the term, which is one of the interesting things about this show. As people have mentioned, it's much more like people with rare disabilities. Hikari for example is basically just a person who requires unusual dietary supplements and is sensitive to sunlight. It's closer to being, I dunno, albino than to having a different race.

Actually, the whole thing reminds me of a short story manga I read recently, which was about a mother struggling to raise a child with WWS (Werewolf Syndrome).

Edit: Here

Oh, that's the manga with the super sad Mermaid story.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Since I apparently wasn't that clear, I don't really consider this much of a harem manga; I consider it to be in the general genre of "cute girls doing cute things (but let's not kid ourselves this is aimed at an almost entirely male audience)". Moreso than the Dullahan and Succubus teacher being interested in the doctor guy (which doesn't really bug me to be honest), it's the way it seems to highlight the whole "girls in puberty being insecure/immature" angle in a context that is obviously not actually aimed at girls/women. Again, I don't think this sort of thing is terrible (and as mentioned before it has some degree of plausible deniability), but I just can't shake the feeling that "women/girls being insecure" is supposed to be appealing in a "moe" way or something.

The only reason I wrote any words about this in the first place is that I had this vague sense of misgiving and was trying to figure out where it was coming from. Stuff with more "explicit" fanservice like Keijo doesn't really bother me much at all (I think partly because the source of the fan-service is physical and involves older characters, as opposed to the youth/immaturity itself being the draw).

I laughed at the vampire being a brat and I want to touch the teacher's huge muscles but then again I'm gay

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

I laughed at the vampire being a brat and I want to touch the teacher's huge muscles but then again I'm gay

i'm gay but also i want to touch his huge muscles so i think it might just be a universal thing

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The Colonel posted:

i'm gay but also i want to touch his huge muscles so i think it might just be a universal thing

Are you saying it would be gay not to want to touch his muscles?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Gay, straight or otherwise, touching muscles feels good, and who doesn't want to feel good? This show is really cute though, I'm impressed.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The Colonel posted:

ah, the reverse Beyonce

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'm not gay but his muscles are super awesome and I want to feel how muscular his forearms are.

And have him spot me.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Clarste posted:

Actually, the whole thing reminds me of a short story manga I read recently, which was about a mother struggling to raise a child with WWS (Werewolf Syndrome).

Edit: Here

That manga's from the artist of Dungeon Meshi, she's really good at blending fantastic and mundane and sometimes the really loving surreal. I really recommend everything on Batoto that's by her.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Grondoth posted:

Oh, that's the manga with the super sad Mermaid story.

weren't most of the stories in that manga sad?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Not at all.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

El Burbo posted:

Ah

Yes

I see

this was so great

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

this was so great

I wonder if the story about the hugging was true, or if she just made it up on the spot.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
In today's episode, Takahashi-sensei's common sense puts up a valiant fight, but is ultimately left beaten and broken by his professional curiosity.

Also, Sakie-sensei is one of us. For the opposite reason, but still.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I don't know exactly why, she hasn't shown up as much as the others in the manga, but I'm happy it looks like we're getting to my favorite character, Kusakabe. :3:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I just found my new text notification soundclip.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I just found my new text notification soundclip.

Oh god, that loving voice.

...my wake is on the 24th.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Is it canon that Takahashi-sensei's arm muscles act as a small buffer against the succubus' powers?

Well it's canon to me now!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I get the feeling next episode is gonna be really sad :ohdear:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

wish my highschool library was this good

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
My high school library introduced me to Discworld, for which I'm willing to forgive it any potential crime.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
14-16 seems like the best time to read Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea so I hope the anime library stocks the rest of Mishima too

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Not done episode yet but:

-Windows XP.
-Doesn't use a second monitor, and thus has a window of word and a window of something else occupying the same space.
-Not even a 1920 by 1080 screen laptop desktop replacement?

:barf:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Teachers get paid poo poo.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This episode delivered so much awesome hilarious moments.

Was Hikari lying when saying she sucked a persons blood once or twice? In a "Yeah I'm totally not a virgin! (Totally is)" sort of way?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Teachers get paid poo poo.

Yeah we are. :(

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
That would also explain why Satou-sensei doesn't just drive to work.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Not done episode yet but:

-Windows XP.
-Doesn't use a second monitor, and thus has a window of word and a window of something else occupying the same space.
-Not even a 1920 by 1080 screen laptop desktop replacement?

:barf:

Honestly, using a web browser (for most situations) or word processor full screen on a widescreen setup is a waste and a pain to read, unless you've got a setup that lets you turn your monitor vertical. There's nothing in that shot overlapping the word processor anyways, just what looks like a couple file browser windows on the side.

Edit:

Raenir Salazar posted:

Was Hikari lying when saying she sucked a persons blood once or twice? In a "Yeah I'm totally not a virgin! (Totally is)" sort of way?

I don't think so. She's got a pretty close relationship with her sister, who lets her basically teeth on her arm, so I wouldn't be surprised if her sister's shared her blood once.

Onean fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 22, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Onean posted:

Honestly, using a web browser (for most situations) or word processor full screen on a widescreen setup is a waste and a pain to read, unless you've got a setup that lets you turn your monitor vertical. There's nothing in that shot overlapping the word processor anyways, just what looks like a couple file browser windows on the side.

I'm mostly joshing as I just like picking out these sorts of details in anime, I think it says a lot about the animators and lets me think about it.

Like Asuna's mom using Slack in SAO II was pretty rad.

I'm partly "blind", or rather, it kinda hurts to squint, so I have everything super large and zoomed in; so I kinda physically can't use that sort of setup that Takahashi uses.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
One of Satou's students tells her she has a crush on a teacher, and Satou tells her to try new clothes or hairstyle to get him to notice her.

I think Satou might not be a good teacher.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

hikari makes the best faces god drat

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't believe there's no gif of sensei flexing yet.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

I can.

I imagine that many have tried but all succumb to the force of the flex.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm mostly joshing as I just like picking out these sorts of details in anime, I think it says a lot about the animators and lets me think about it.

Like Asuna's mom using Slack in SAO II was pretty rad.

I'm partly "blind", or rather, it kinda hurts to squint, so I have everything super large and zoomed in; so I kinda physically can't use that sort of setup that Takahashi uses.

Ahhh. That's fair.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I thought it was well documented that for vampires, sucking blood is

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

really liked this panel in the manga, really liked how they animated it here.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Raenir Salazar posted:

From the manga: it's implied, but never specifically mentioned, that she bit her sister some time in the past and seems to regret having done it.

Also, when she reacted with "Twice?!" I think she meant Ironman-sensei used the word "sexual" twice in one sentence, not that she bit someone twice.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

chumbler posted:

https://my.mixtape.moe/znlobt.webm

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Put this in the OP.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
What a sexy flex.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

really liked this panel in the manga, really liked how they animated it here.

Yeah, that was one of my favorite moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Now imagine if Hikari was blocked by a censor mosaic.

• Locked thread