Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
forgive me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Can we all take a moment to applaud the people that worked on the sound direction in this anime?

Seriously, the timings and volumes are impeccable.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Reallycoolname posted:

Can we all take a moment to applaud the people that worked on the sound direction in this anime?

Seriously, the timings and volumes are impeccable.

If you had to guess which anime this season was made by KyoAni, I'd say guessing this series wouldn't be a bad mistake.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://jii.moe/Hkdo5C8Px.webm

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I assume these bits alone are why "doesn't play the main character" Suwabe got the role.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
Another week, another fun episode. Hikari was top tier again this week, but I can't help but think that people expecting an actual Kusakabe episode will be sorely disappointed.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I was, though only very mildly since this is the order they did things in the manga I believe, so I kinda expected it. Kusakabe's episode is coming next week.

This week, though, was still really good.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

https://jii.moe/SkyGwP5wx.webm

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

This week: Takanashi is cool as hell, Satou is insanely cute.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
The episode was good story wise but man, the animation quality, especially at the beginning of the episode, was really bad. I hope they are able to put out more consistent quality over the rest of the series and that this is just a temporary problem.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Hikari standing up to those bullies and then the bullies apologizing to Kusakabe was insanely badass

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hikari is incredibly cool and a very good friend and sister. She's the best.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Might come off wrong, but I love the way Satou in her excitedness accidentally lets the lewd out.

Suwabe could record an ASMR video and make bank.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I love all the little batsies on the umbrella and the key chains :3:

Another good episode.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The episode was good story wise but man, the animation quality, especially at the beginning of the episode, was really bad. I hope they are able to put out more consistent quality over the rest of the series and that this is just a temporary problem.

I was having a laugh at the start with that super low quality hug in the hallway.

Good episode as always though. Satou really removed her first limiter pretty dang fast around Takanashi after apologizing. :mmmhmm:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Satou and Takahashi should get married and help their students with their troubles.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
He would however never be able to get a good night's sleep again

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm Hikari laughing in a pile of garlic.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Satou is adorable.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 29, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

I'm Hikari laughing in a pile of garlic.

That laugh was adorable.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Hikari is insanely powerful and good holy poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Teacher struck off for inappropriate hugging

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I wish I was as brave as Hikari when I was in high school... :smith:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Command Ant posted:

I wish I was as brave as Hikari when I was in high school... :smith:

If it makes you feel any better the only "brave" thing I did in school was take back a gift that belonged to a friend of mine from a bully/thief.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

That laugh was adorable.
https://jii.moe/BJ0zZdsPx.webm

Sakurazuka posted:

Teacher struck off for inappropriate hugging
https://jii.moe/HyjUfOjPl.webm

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Succubus-sensei dejectedly making circles on the board was adorable.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hahah, didn't notice Machi's expression.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
"I won't deny that but still!"

The effect they put on that voice bit :d:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
gosh, so which one is the monster girl who 'just wants to talk and not be nestled in Sensei's arms,' again?

Davincie posted:

REMEMBER WHEN EVERYONE BUT ME WAS SPEWING DOOM AND GLOOM ABOUT THE ADAPTATION

FIXED WITH THANKS TO ANZU

also i just read the front page and what am i, curdled milk!?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/patchimlikit/status/824243451877134336

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It is my eternal shame that I will never have arms like that.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

hee hee

ahaha nani

is my favorite interaction

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I will seriously be impressed if crunchyroll actually releases a takahashi-sensei dakimakura

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

This show is AGGRESSIVELY heartful and I love it.

It's kind of nice to have a show where girls (let alone youkai/demi/"monster" ones) have problems to work through but also actually have a support structure in place to help them handle it. Normally that kind of stuff gets played for straight laughs or overblown drama but this show is quite good about showing how their unique natures actually affect them but also how they are able to get help from their teachers and each other and it's just such a heartwarming portrayal of it. :3:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

cathead posted:

This show is AGGRESSIVELY heartful and I love it.

It's kind of nice to have a show where girls (let alone youkai/demi/"monster" ones) have problems to work through but also actually have a support structure in place to help them handle it. Normally that kind of stuff gets played for straight laughs or overblown drama but this show is quite good about showing how their unique natures actually affect them but also how they are able to get help from their teachers and each other and it's just such a heartwarming portrayal of it. :3:

I think the monster angle is just a lighthearted way of inserting surrogates for physical disabilities/mental illness into a show. You'd have a much, much harder time marketing that story in manga format.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Paging DisDisDis.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

There Bias Two posted:

I think the monster angle is just a lighthearted way of inserting surrogates for physical disabilities/mental illness into a show. You'd have a much, much harder time marketing that story in manga format.

The only other story that dealt with disability in a straight-on way was A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi). It was very good but also incredibly heartbeaking a lot of the time.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Good

chumbler posted:

Satou and Takahashi should get married and help their students with their troubles.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

DrSunshine posted:

The only other story that dealt with disability in a straight-on way was A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi). It was very good but also incredibly heartbeaking a lot of the time.

I read that straight through in two sittings because it was that good and because I didn't think my heart could take a longer pacing. That manga got so real and dark at times that it was hard to read through it. I highly recommend it.

I'm glad this show isn't as dark but still manages to address some issues through proxy.

• Locked thread