Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

chumbler posted:

Get this,

Or just mount a brace on your shoulders that the head slots into. Maybe this is why they wore suits of armor all the time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This show had me smiling constantly. It's cute and fun.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Raenir Salazar posted:

Grinned the entire time.

Vampire girl is the best.

Why does he sister freak out? Has she never seen any other Demi's?

There's only 3 dulahans in the entire world, so I imagine their numbers are quite low. I would be surprised if a headless person was walking around my house even if I knew they technically existed.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gale Raziya posted:

The last portion of this episode was an extremely good addition.

It clearly showed that the bio teacher is paying close attention to the well-being of his students, and giving credit to their homeroom teacher helped succubus-sensei gain a little bit of rapport as well.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Clarste posted:

Yes, that number is 3. ???

I should have clarified. By "their" I meant the population of all demi-humans in general.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

"I can't believe you're watching this garbage, human."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Being a demi-human doesn't seem to come with many advantages at all in this universe.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The Colonel posted:

i'm gay but also i want to touch his huge muscles so i think it might just be a universal thing

Are you saying it would be gay not to want to touch his muscles?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

this was so great

I wonder if the story about the hugging was true, or if she just made it up on the spot.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Succubus-sensei dejectedly making circles on the board was adorable.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

cathead posted:

This show is AGGRESSIVELY heartful and I love it.

It's kind of nice to have a show where girls (let alone youkai/demi/"monster" ones) have problems to work through but also actually have a support structure in place to help them handle it. Normally that kind of stuff gets played for straight laughs or overblown drama but this show is quite good about showing how their unique natures actually affect them but also how they are able to get help from their teachers and each other and it's just such a heartwarming portrayal of it. :3:

I think the monster angle is just a lighthearted way of inserting surrogates for physical disabilities/mental illness into a show. You'd have a much, much harder time marketing that story in manga format.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Raenir Salazar posted:

I actually think it would've been kinda interesting if Hikari really did have an inability to see her own reflection in a mirror; as so far Machi and Satou are the only ones that have some form of disability.

Kusabe kinda just has cool ice powers.

Poor Takahashi-sensei.

e: Not that Hikari doesn't already require accommodation for her traits but they strike me as being as somewhat less severe in terms of the Demism Spectrum.

It makes an important point about the psychological impact that disabilities can have on an individual beyond any physical limitations it may impose.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

CrazySalamander posted:

It feels like someone is going to post an "Oh, Japan" news story with that sort of title.

Alternatively, Japanese advertising agency promotes disability awareness and inclusiveness through new anime campaign featuring a headless girl.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The text is definitely redundant here.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wait, how the heck does the birth of a Dullahan work?

It's crowning! *PLOP!*

*Trauma ensues*

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

Would the flame show up on ultrasound?

Ultrasound is density-based, so I don't think a flame at body temperature would have any effect.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Plus not being connected by a complex series of muscles and your spine would make the swaying problem she has really, really bad.

You could just throw some sort of gyroscopic mechanism in there.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Who is Sakki again? The one Kurtz reminded hikari of.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tarezax posted:

That's Hikari's nickname for Sakie.

Ah, then I'm guessing he's either an Incubus himself, or gay, based off the conversation Sakie had with the detective.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wow. I had a smile on my face the whole time. That was a solid episode from start to finish. My favorite so far.

"It's hard. And thick. And I think the hair would get stuck in my teeth!"
"Never say that in public!"

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nate RFB posted:

Everything that was kind of weird with the Teacher/students hugging stuff was made up for by the joke at the start of this episode.

The show is definitely self-aware about some of its weirdness.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was a pretty neat episode. I predict that the vice-principal will interfere in their relationships and make everyone miserable.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

machi's head is gonna look like a drat basketball

In a better anime, she dunks it during the sports festival episode.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This show is definitely a hidden gem in my opinion. I wonder what the author's inspiration is for writing this. It seems like it comes from the heart.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Zettace posted:

I liked that the video letter was not vertical video. 10/10

They're demi-chans not monsters!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sindai posted:

Most importantly, we finally get to see how jacked Takahashi is.

"I'll carry your hea-- Okay!"

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

El Burbo posted:

Missing_the_point.jpg

They must have decided on a new title without even reading the content of the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I still don't know why she would want to be naked. It seems like something written in just to make lewd jokes. You could wear clothes and a scarf and sunglasses and live a fairly normal life.

Maybe being invisible comes with a very high level of social anxiety or something.

• Locked thread