Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Droyer posted:

Question to anyone who knows japanese: I noticed that they translated "ajin" as "demi-human". When I read the manga I just assumed ajin was a made up nonsense word, but is it actually a real japanese word?

It's also used in other fiction, like Concrete Revolutio (e: I remembered wrong), and well, the one called Ajin.
It's not quite a dictionary word but reading the kanji 亞人 individually gets you a meaning along "post-humans".

nielsm fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Droyer posted:

Concrete Revolutio used Choujin though?

Oops.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Droyer posted:

I was a bit surprised when there was a preview after the credits, the ending of the episode screamed "last episode".

Can't have an anime without a pool/beach/onsen episode.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

What if we built a tiny submarine for Machi's head?

They didn't answer the question what happens to her flame/subspace link when her body goes under water.
How about strapping a camera with a wireless link onto her body, and then have her dive while watching with the head on land? Or maybe even make a dual camera + VR glasses thing.

• Locked thread