Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Overlord K posted:

I was pleasantly surprised giving this a watch. I was kind of worried it might be too much fluff and not really focus on the fact the girls aren't human and just be cute girls doing cute things given the art style, but it ended up covering cute things and the monster girl aspect pretty well.

basically all monster girls are good

You're in for a treat, depending on how well they follow the manga. If you like manga, I highly recommend checking it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I don't know exactly why, she hasn't shown up as much as the others in the manga, but I'm happy it looks like we're getting to my favorite character, Kusakabe. :3:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Not done episode yet but:

-Windows XP.
-Doesn't use a second monitor, and thus has a window of word and a window of something else occupying the same space.
-Not even a 1920 by 1080 screen laptop desktop replacement?

:barf:

Honestly, using a web browser (for most situations) or word processor full screen on a widescreen setup is a waste and a pain to read, unless you've got a setup that lets you turn your monitor vertical. There's nothing in that shot overlapping the word processor anyways, just what looks like a couple file browser windows on the side.

Edit:

Raenir Salazar posted:

Was Hikari lying when saying she sucked a persons blood once or twice? In a "Yeah I'm totally not a virgin! (Totally is)" sort of way?

I don't think so. She's got a pretty close relationship with her sister, who lets her basically teeth on her arm, so I wouldn't be surprised if her sister's shared her blood once.

Onean fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 22, 2017

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm mostly joshing as I just like picking out these sorts of details in anime, I think it says a lot about the animators and lets me think about it.

Like Asuna's mom using Slack in SAO II was pretty rad.

I'm partly "blind", or rather, it kinda hurts to squint, so I have everything super large and zoomed in; so I kinda physically can't use that sort of setup that Takahashi uses.

Ahhh. That's fair.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I was, though only very mildly since this is the order they did things in the manga I believe, so I kinda expected it. Kusakabe's episode is coming next week.

This week, though, was still really good.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Kusakabe actually points it out in the manga when Takahashi is explaining stress sweat, thinking it was only a thing from manga and anime. They should have done the same here.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm hoping it'll also be our introduction to Mr. Takanashi.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's also the whole sun thing, which isn't insignificant. I imagine if she's not careful, things like severe sun burn, dehydration or heat stroke are each a much greater risk for her, and for much much more of the year than it's a problem for anyone else.

Onean fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 12, 2017

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/MilesExpress999/status/830562461212307456

https://twitter.com/HugBdrill/status/830591613764186114

https://twitter.com/demichan_anime/status/830414688789753856

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I think the flame would make that difficult. You can't suppress it, since it's uncomfortable for Machi, and putting it above the flame would put it too high, even if you ignore the flame can adjust its height based on her mood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Demicol posted:

Agreed, this was the show I always looked forward to most each week. I'll probably hold out hope for season 2 instead of reading the manga, it just can't match the atmosphere of the anime, especially with the top notch voice acting.

This and Dragon Maid were tied for me. Such good shows.

• Locked thread