Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I wish I was as brave as Hikari when I was in high school... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

I love it every time this happens.

Onean posted:

I'm hoping it'll also be our introduction to Mr. Takanashi.

I think the most we've seen of their parents so far is the scene where Machi's parents panicked after a train left with her body but not her head.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I don't think walking around strapped into something that gaudy looking would do her self-esteem any favors.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I can't believe how quickly Kurtz became my favorite character.

https://my.mixtape.moe/mrdsrz.webm

Nitrousoxide posted:

Oh yeah, they look simply smitten.

My favorite thing about this picture is that the old Yuki probably would have reacted with timid nervousness. Now she's confident enough to be incredulous instead.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Sakurazuka posted:

It more likely he's something like a shape shifter or doppelganger that can give off the impression of being someone he's touched.

The EVA reference when Ugaki called him their weapon might mean that he's a robot or a golem.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Takahashi's journey to understand his Demi students was a sincerely heartwarming. Between this and Maidragon, it was a good season for supernatural slice-of-life anime.

CommissarMega posted:

Here's to hoping for Season 2!

Unfortunately, it's pretty uncommon for a SoL anime to get more than one season. Off the top of my head, the only ones I can think of that did get more than one season are Hidamari Sketch and Kiniro Mosaic.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

cathead posted:

You're missing quite a few :v:

K-On, GochiUsa, Non Non Biyori, Aria, Working!, New Game has one coming up, and someone mentioned Yuruyuri.

There's probably some I'm forgetting too but I don't really think it's that uncommon, especially if the show is popular.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Free, Love Live, Rainy Cocoa, Encouragement of Climb

Hot drat, I stand corrected. Maybe there is hope for more Demi-chan! :pray:

All that being said, though, there are still plenty of good & popular SoL shows that only get one season. Shows like Nichijou, Flying Witch, A-Channel, & Nichijou were all consigned to having only one season.

Maybe it just says something about me that I think more about the shows that should've gotten more than one season.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

wheelgun wielder posted:

Be sure to watch past the end credits. Not that there's anything to really see, I suppose.

Could this mean a second season? :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

CrazySalamander posted:

Maybe there's a bunch of quiet naked invisible people watching you right now.

Okay that sounded really creepy

I remember learning something like this in Sunday school. :catholic:

• Locked thread