Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I read like, up to the introduction of Best Monster Girl (the spider) of the manga, and while I pretty much wasn't willing to keep up with it, I did really enjoy all the stuff like each character having a room customized to meet their needs, as well as social stuff like spider girl being discriminated against because everyone just wanted cute monster people like cats and didn't really expect a spider.

I guess that's My Monster Secret: I read a bit of Daily Life of Monster Girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xelkelvos posted:

How far behind are translations or are they up to date?

At least 9 chapters behind.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Teachers are good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Snarky and dry Yuki is very good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dessu~~~.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Back in middle school being caught with a manga meant it would get confiscated.

Which was bad because most manga was borrowed from comic rental places and had to be returned in a few days.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That doesn't stop kids from bringing in volumes of the newest Naruto or One Piece or some of Ito Junji's stuff or Vampire Academy, the Korean manhwa about a high school with vampires that somehow ends sorta like Part 2 of Jojo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I volunteer sometimes at schools and most of the time end up at a library. At all the places near where I work they have sections dedicated to manga.

They brought manga to my secondary school on my 11th grade.

Incidentally, I started volunteering at the library on my 11th grade.

It's how I found Iron Wok Jan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

el dorito posted:

I always see people in the manga section of my bookstores (b&n and borders) and I'm glad that any weeabo stigma that was attached to that stuff has reasonably dissipated.

Unless you're an older guy, maybe

Bah, even when I had access to Kissmanga and other manga reader sites that didn't stop me from reading Attack on Titan in a Chapters Indigo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iretep posted:

Is there some specific reason manga are banned from school in japan? Like i got plenty of comics from my school and i imagne these days you can get some dumb mangas there too. It can potentially encourage to read other material too, at least it lead to me becoming a heavy book reader.

Kids read manga in class.

• Locked thread