Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hahaha the Horse is a reference to something and not just innuendo nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

z0glin Warchief posted:

A more traditional word for stuff like vampires/werewolves whatever would be ijin 異人, but that can also refer to foreigners, people with disabilities, or other "different" people, so there's probably some pressure not to use it.

Ironically I loved the little conversation they had where Hikari is like "Also please don't use that word, only we can use that word."*

*Not literally, but I can easily see that conversation changed to that in the Abridgement.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Caphi posted:

the show's heart is basically in the right place i.e. a lens to explore these girls' normal lives with quasi-disabilities.

Huh. That's a interesting and probably accurate way of thinking about it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Astro Ambulance posted:

To be fair, I would watch this.

I feel like it's part of the plot of Re;Life.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Grinned the entire time.

Vampire girl is the best.

Why does he sister freak out? Has she never seen any other Demi's?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The plug to charge her phone is the height of responsibility!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Oh yeah Succubus sensei staring longingly at his arms made my day.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Not done episode yet but:

-Windows XP.
-Doesn't use a second monitor, and thus has a window of word and a window of something else occupying the same space.
-Not even a 1920 by 1080 screen laptop desktop replacement?

:barf:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This episode delivered so much awesome hilarious moments.

Was Hikari lying when saying she sucked a persons blood once or twice? In a "Yeah I'm totally not a virgin! (Totally is)" sort of way?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Teachers get paid poo poo.

Yeah we are. :(

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Onean posted:

Honestly, using a web browser (for most situations) or word processor full screen on a widescreen setup is a waste and a pain to read, unless you've got a setup that lets you turn your monitor vertical. There's nothing in that shot overlapping the word processor anyways, just what looks like a couple file browser windows on the side.

I'm mostly joshing as I just like picking out these sorts of details in anime, I think it says a lot about the animators and lets me think about it.

Like Asuna's mom using Slack in SAO II was pretty rad.

I'm partly "blind", or rather, it kinda hurts to squint, so I have everything super large and zoomed in; so I kinda physically can't use that sort of setup that Takahashi uses.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Might come off wrong, but I love the way Satou in her excitedness accidentally lets the lewd out.

Suwabe could record an ASMR video and make bank.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hahah, didn't notice Machi's expression.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm trying to think of her like a cat desperately wishing to scratch the walls, the furniture, anything; but the amount of desire here is fairly strong.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
What are ye talkin' aboot, the faces were top!

I think that's meant to be a visual indicator of nervousness and not literally sweat. But that does seem like an oversight by the staff.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 4, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I actually think it would've been kinda interesting if Hikari really did have an inability to see her own reflection in a mirror; as so far Machi and Satou are the only ones that have some form of disability.

Kusabe kinda just has cool ice powers.

Poor Takahashi-sensei.

e: Not that Hikari doesn't already require accommodation for her traits but they strike me as being as somewhat less severe in terms of the Demism Spectrum; which does work in the shows favour in terms as working as a metaphor for disabilities.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 11, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm now really concerned about the Salem Witch trials in this universe.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Realistically if we extrapolate that we're only seeing things really starting to improve within the last hundred years it can lead to all kinds of dark thoughts and unfortunate implications that maybe we should restrain ourselves from thinking about from ruining a happy fluffy show about overcoming the pasts hardships and biases.

On the other hand the way Demi-human interrelations are portrayed have so much verisimilitude to them that it's also to the shows credit that our thoughts go there and are incredibly horrified.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
That whole exchange was a little weird.

Like the only way I can really justify it is "You shouldn't really fetishize a person's ethnicity." But I feel like this metaphor is lost in translation.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think if you try to make any of the demi stuff a one to one representation of a real life thing, it's not going to work.

Sure but the point of my post is just to illustrate my confusion in a "this is my best possible interpretation of the scene, and I'm still confused" way.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think the way they kinda end up idolizing it and the ninja keepsake photography is what's off putting; not that its somehow wrong or unnatural to try to contextualize your hormones going off by having your attractive older role model be the target of your mental affections at that age.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Kusabe owned this episode with her giggling or grinning at basically everything.

Helter Skelter posted:

And holy poo poo, Satou-sensei.

The her judo flipping some dude and literally making him like it? :haw:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hahaha Sakie's half of the episode.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Go sensei go!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

wheelgun wielder posted:

Be sure to watch past the end credits. Not that there's anything to really see, I suppose.

Hahaha.

Invisible girl is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Zeruel posted:

What the gently caress invisigirl is loving naked

You have to balance out possibly creeping people out wearing clothes that still has gaps and just being a ghost that people can hear but not see.

The main issue is exposure to the elements. Going to and from school especially in Japan you have the risk of rain storms and then being freezing during the winter.

• Locked thread