Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

adaptation*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

imagine giving birth to a dullahan and whne the doctor goes to pull the baby out they pull out just a head at first

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

your favorite fetish anime is poo poo

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ytlaya posted:

To be completely honest, I do not like the manga this is based off of that much (and apparently the show is a pretty solid adaptation). While series like this all have plausible deniability in this regard, I can't help but feel that the all-girl/woman, mostly underage, and mostly crushing on the adult protagonist Demis are intended as a sort of moč fan-service, like a more high-brow version of typical panty-shot (etc) oriented fan-service. In particular, stuff like the "it's just an honest portrayal of girls going through puberty, nothing at all skeevy here (and it is a complete coincidence that it is only girls in puberty)" aspect is a little off-putting to me. I feel like series like this sort of revolve around fetishizing female youth.

That being said, I don't really have a big problem with shows like this; I just consider them to definitely fit into the greater "male-oriented fan-service" genre. The same applies to a lot of "cute girls doing cute things" shows, though I think the "~exploration of puberty~" part adds an extra level of discomfort to this specific situation.

Okay that is my opinion about this series. Just felt like mentioning it since it's obviously a pretty unpopular opinion (I think every other post in this thread is positive).

who would be able to ignore those massive gains

i wish i could be hugged by takahashi san too

• Locked thread