Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Droyer posted:

Question to anyone who knows japanese: I noticed that they translated "ajin" as "demi-human". When I read the manga I just assumed ajin was a made up nonsense word, but is it actually a real japanese word?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Eej posted:

Yeah that's fair and I agree with that.

I know you're trying to provoke me but I was referring to Hikari's scenario of biting Yuki being framed in a somewhat erotic fashion followed by Takahashi's questioning of her regarding the sexual undertones of bloodsucking and the gender of people she thinks of doing it to. Sure, the premise of Vampires dating back to Dracula have had a heavy component of eroticism and seduction but it's definitely inappropriate for a teacher to be asking probing questions of a sexual nature towards their own student even if the show handwaves it as her consenting to it so it's ok. I don't get the feeling that the show is trying to titillate male viewers with the budding sexuality of teenaged girls but it's a moment that made me go :crossarms:

But it's 2017 and I'm on ADTRW so minor concerns like this aren't the hill I'm going to die on

I sort of disagree, I think that of all the people a teenager can talk to about those sorts of issues a teacher is a good candidate. Parents are often too awkward to talk to this stuff about and often too invested in their kids to give a level headed response. I suppose their doctor would be the best candidate, but you don't see your doctor too often so it can get pretty awkward because you don't know them all that well, certainly not as well as a student would know a teacher. They could have gone to the school nurse or sex-ed teacher, but it's a bit of a wash at that point since I feel like a biology teacher should be able to be just as dispassionate about sexual issues as either of those other two.

Basically I feel like a child should be able to trust a authority figure like a teacher well enough to be able to talk about stuff like that and that it's more of a good thing than a bad thing.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

The episode was good story wise but man, the animation quality, especially at the beginning of the episode, was really bad. I hope they are able to put out more consistent quality over the rest of the series and that this is just a temporary problem.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I thought it was pretty obvious that her sweat freezes when she is depressed and nervous, not just nervous.

The episode was adorable, I don't know why people are complaining about it.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

Oh yeah, they look simply smitten.

Especially Yuki, you can really tell that she's feeling it there. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

The latest episode was great. I'm glad to see that Yuki has found an ally in her love of goofy humor and it was great seeing Sakie make some progress with Takahashi, also :lol: at her wardrobe malfunction.

• Locked thread