Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I expected this to be like the other monstergirl show but was delighted to find it was actually adorable and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Davincie posted:

it runs in a seinen mag, it has a completely standard harem structure. theres nothing about that post that is wrong, tho i personally dont care

yea I guess it's more a statement on the incredibly low bar other shows like it set but while I can't really disagree with the main point of that post, I also just kinda am willing to forgive it because it sounds like they keep things to more grounded 'this child has a crush, her teacher fully understands he can never even slightly entertain it' thing because so many other things like it go 'this child has a crush, and maybe the teacher is ok with it'. It's a fair hit for the show to mention that it's entirely young women throwing themselves at a male authority figure for his approval and that's worth saying 'yea, not perfect'. I don't think it's meant to be some unforgivable sin against the show, just a flaw in an otherwise good product.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea it feels like even if all three of them were in the same country even it'd still be a trial and error thing.

"Hey how do you make your commute not suck? I tried a bouncy bjorn thing and it made me sick."

"poo poo man I dunno, I never had a problem with that and the literal only other member of our race just has a buddy who's cool and carries his stuff."

"Well drat."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Overlord K posted:

Yuki is now my big favorite as an appreciator of bad/crude jokes.

Yuki really needed a cute/dumb thing like that. It's cool to see the whole 'cold and shy girl comes out of her shell' thing but having her also have a secret love of bad and crude gags added to it. Seeing a closed off character 'bloom' isn't really satisfying unless they have actual traits to reveal that make them special. Yuki's a goober who likes dumb jokes, no one around her knew that because she was closed off but now she's doing stuff like bringing gag manga to school to enjoy.

Also I'm 100% into the idea of a vampire gag comic where everything is an over-elaborate set-up to feed.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DrSunshine posted:

I feel that the little coda at the end of this episode was another thinly-veiled nod to the feelings of some people with disabilities. I've read a poll or something somewhere, where a number of people who were blind, deaf, and so on, were asked if they'd want to give up their disability. Many said that no, they wouldn't, as it was part of their identity, part of who they were. The way that Takahashi thought that Machi would be giving up part of her identity as a dullahan if it were possible to "cure" her, seems to echo that sentiment.

Yea obviously the topic is very personal/debated in the communities but it's still always a little lame when the big 'moral' of things like this is 'and don't they all just want to be normal anyway?' It's kinda nice that the end of that train of thought was 'well, yea she could if she wanted to, and she'd still be the same person we love, but I don't think that's a thing we need to focus on'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

There Bias Two posted:

I still don't know why she would want to be naked. It seems like something written in just to make lewd jokes. You could wear clothes and a scarf and sunglasses and live a fairly normal life.

Maybe being invisible comes with a very high level of social anxiety or something.

well considering the whole 'monster girls as quasi-analogs to real disabilities/issues' yea I imagine there's a bit of that

• Locked thread