Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
One of Satou's students tells her she has a crush on a teacher, and Satou tells her to try new clothes or hairstyle to get him to notice her.

I think Satou might not be a good teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think that's meant to be a visual indicator of nervousness and not literally sweat. But that does seem like an oversight by the staff.

Except that they establish that she does stress sweat ten minutes later.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CrazySalamander posted:

It feels like someone is going to post an "Oh, Japan" news story with that sort of title.

It's not a severed head, because it was never attached to anything.

Wait, how the heck does the birth of a Dullahan work?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrSunshine posted:

I wonder why nobody ever tried crafting some sort of harness so that she could at least "wear" her head above her shoulders and have some semblance of normalcy? I think some biomedical engineer would at least be up to the challenge, given how they have prosthetic arms and legs capable of some degree of controllable movement nowadays.

Like one of these deals?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Plus not being connected by a complex series of muscles and your spine would make the swaying problem she has really, really bad.

The point of those braces is to make the head completely immobile, she wouldn't sway

It would absolutely suck, she wouldn't be able to turn her head or look up or down and it would interfere with eating and talking. But it could be done

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
poo poo, I just realized that this is a problem that has already been solved. A steadicam vest! The head can be securely attached so it'll be safer than just carrying her, no swaying, an articulated arm so it's easy for her to look around, it's perfect.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

brainwrinkle posted:

Weird in the sense of distasteful, not illogical. The whole hypothetical train groping scenario was gross, and the "solution" of low-key surveillance/profiling isn't any better.

I understand that the intent was to show another way that Demis have it different in society. It felt regressive. I hate the idea of the detective as a father figure for Sakie because he is literally the TSA agent assigned to profile her. The last thing this show needs is another overly familiar father figure, let alone one who represents a society that fears you!

I've been enjoying the show so far, but this episode really blew it. If it gave a better backstory into Sakie's relationship with the detective, maybe it could have worked.

The entire point, which was directly stated in the show, is that is a bad system. It's good that the new generation of Demis aren't having the problems of the previous generations, and are integrating into society.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raenir Salazar posted:

That whole exchange was a little weird.

Like the only way I can really justify it is "You shouldn't really fetishize a person's ethnicity." But I feel like this metaphor is lost in translation.

I think if you try to make any of the demi stuff a one to one representation of a real life thing, it's not going to work.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope Kurtz is just gay. Tiny gay martial arts cop.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kyte posted:

Hey that looks familiar.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also I'm 100% into the idea of a vampire gag comic where everything is an over-elaborate set-up to feed.

It's always annoying when a story has an in-universe story that I wish was real.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I hear that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
AotS, undoubtedly. I am going to buy the manga.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

cathead posted:

You're missing quite a few :v:

K-On, GochiUsa, Non Non Biyori, Aria, Working!, New Game has one coming up, and someone mentioned Yuruyuri.

There's probably some I'm forgetting too but I don't really think it's that uncommon, especially if the show is popular.

Free, Love Live, Rainy Cocoa, Encouragement of Climb

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's on Youtube

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's like a week after the last episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zeruel posted:

If you're invisible wearing a uniform, if you lift up your shirt, can people see through to the inside of your shirt and into your skirt? Or... gently caress this is confusing :confused:

yeah, it would just be like if the clothes were hanging in the air

• Locked thread