Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

DrSunshine posted:

The only other story that dealt with disability in a straight-on way was A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi). It was very good but also incredibly heartbeaking a lot of the time.

I read that straight through in two sittings because it was that good and because I didn't think my heart could take a longer pacing. That manga got so real and dark at times that it was hard to read through it. I highly recommend it.

I'm glad this show isn't as dark but still manages to address some issues through proxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Anime_Otaku posted:

I kinda loved how Himari is just so over it.

That's how you know that she's family. I love this show so much.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

El Burbo posted:

Lots of difficulties probably partly explains why there are just 3 of them

I just realized that early on doctors may have misdiagnosed the ultrasounds and told the parents that they baby wouldn't make it.... Oh man..... :smith:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

There Bias Two posted:

That was a pretty neat episode. I predict that the vice-principal will interfere in their relationships and make everyone miserable.

I wonder if the VP will intervene in grounds that he's getting to chummy with high school girls or that he's giving demis special treatment.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Knorth posted:

The VAs in this show sound like they're having so much fun holy crap. I finished watching it on my commute and wow it is a real waste if the teachers don't end up dating in the source material

What a cute and funny show, episode 7(? the cop introduction one) has such a weird tone compared to the rest, it's pretty remarkable how out of place it feels.

That episode was awkward to watch but I'll give it that it established the cop and some of his relationship with Satou-sensei. This made later episodes feel better as she has someone to fan girl over Tetsuo about which establishes more of him being the "father" figure in her life but also highlights just how secluded she's made her self in that she's talking to an old guy about a crush.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I keep holding out hope for more Hidamari Sketch. It went for 3 seasons and a series of OAVs but the manga is still going and they've introduced a new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I haven't read the manga yet but is the invisible girl a new character joining the group or one made for the oav?

• Locked thread