Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

A flag as real as their title chances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Goddamn the hawks posters here have me rooting for the falcons of all teams. Step up, falcons fans, start annoying me more.
Sorry, chiche, though, and the other good ones

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jerome Agricola posted:

Goddamn the hawks posters here have me rooting for the falcons of all teams. Step up, falcons fans, start annoying me more.

It' s cool. I wish the game had been a little closer (yeah, I'm comfortable calling it now) and we hadn't suffered injuries, but I didn't expect us to get past the divisional round. Falcons are a p. cool team and they're Quinning with a Seattle coordinator, so I'm good with this. I also think they have a better chance of eliminating the Packers or Boys, which is the most important thing to me. I would rather lose here than lose in the NFCCG to one of those two.

I'm still on the Chiefs bandwagon!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
See you in September LWB

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
And here are the falcons doing what we should have done like first quarter or whenever.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Chichevache posted:

It' s cool. I wish the game had been a little closer (yeah, I'm comfortable calling it now) and we hadn't suffered injuries, but I didn't expect us to get past the divisional round. Falcons are a p. cool team and they're Quinning with a Seattle coordinator, so I'm good with this. I also think they have a better chance of eliminating the Packers or Boys, which is the most important thing to me. I would rather lose here than lose in the NFCCG to one of those two.

Pretty much this. Kyle Shanahan and Dan Quinn out coached us this game, and we weren't able to make up for that with talent like we could with Earl Thomas and other injured guys out.

Edit - Honestly, I'm happy we made it out of the wildcard. Our defense just isn't the same without Thomas.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

See you in September LWB

hahaha

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jerome Agricola posted:

Lwb is just trolling, chill

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
~*~hugz~*~

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Which superhero does Benny the Snake want to beat the Falcons now?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

I call big spoon!!

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

got any sevens posted:

Lwb is just trolling, chill

It's actually not significant if you people on the internet are truly sincere, I get to decide whether I take it seriously or not. But don't worry, mostly I don't ; )
Now atlanta please lose next time

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

Fun game, Chich. Maybe you will get lucky and get a KC/ATL SB.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'll root for the Falcons over whoever. Dan Quinn is a cool guy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Shame LWB reregged just to post for one day until next August

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

seiferguy posted:

I'll root for the Falcons over whoever. Dan Quinn is a cool guy.

He seems to rule. I thought the whole BROTHERHOOD thing and the Navy Seal thing and the pumping in loud music thing was borderline cheesy but the players really do seem to love him and buy into him so...

We appreciate you letting him come to us. He is cool and good.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

weird Asian candy posted:

The first half was good! The second half was about what I expected to happen, which really sucked since the aforementioned first half actually got my hopes up a bit!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

That would be a fun Super Bowl and I'd want the Falcons to win it all

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

The first half was good! The second half was about what I expected to happen, which really sucked since the aforementioned first half actually got my hopes up a bit!

After that first drive where Seattle ran it right down and scored, I was preparing myself for a huge let down Mike Smith led Falcons kind of game.

Devin Hester though. WTF?! Dude was a man possessed today.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

After that first drive where Seattle ran it right down and scored, I was preparing myself for a huge let down Mike Smith led Falcons kind of game.

Devin Hester though. WTF?! Dude was a man possessed today.

I was amazed by Hester's performance today and I am really disappointed in our special teams letting him down like that. He deserves to go out strong, and I would have loved for him to be able to add a highlight to his reel in what may have been the final game of his career.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I was amazed by Hester's performance today and I am really disappointed in our special teams letting him down like that. He deserves to go out strong, and I would have loved for him to be able to add a highlight to his reel in what may have been the final game of his career.

He has been hot garbage the past couple years, and injured. I thought he would be a liability for you guys but holy crap I was wrong.

He doesn't have that top end speed anymore, but he put on a clinic today.

Too many injuries for Seattle. The OLine needs some work. Unfortunately for the rest of the NFC, they will be right back next year.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

He has been hot garbage the past couple years, and injured. I thought he would be a liability for you guys but holy crap I was wrong.

He doesn't have that top end speed anymore, but he put on a clinic today.

Too many injuries for Seattle. The OLine needs some work. Unfortunately for the rest of the NFC, they will be right back next year.

They will be back by virtue of a weak NFC West, but I don't see them being a real threat to the best teams unless they make a major overhaul to the o line, and I don't have faith in them to fix that at this point. If Wilson doesn't get hurt again we will almost assuredly perform better than this season, but he needs real support from his offense. Unless we have another 2012 level draft we are going to have a major flaw on one side of the ball or the other, possibly both.

Schneider is still a great GM, and I know I'm spoiled if I am complaining about a season where we won the division and a playoff game.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm assuming Lockett's injury is going to take longer than a season to heal so I'm not against keeping Jester for a little while longer.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

seiferguy posted:

I'm assuming Lockett's injury is going to take longer than a season to heal so I'm not against keeping Jester for a little while longer.

My understanding was that it was just a straightforward broken leg. I think his required screws/plates though. Can't imagine he won't be ready for next year.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Its halftime between the Patriots and Texans and this game is loving amaazing

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Russell Wilson: Whatcha wanna watch tonight sweetie?

Ciara: Back to the Future.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Josh Lyman posted:

Russell Wilson: Whatcha wanna watch tonight sweetie?

Ciara: Back to the Future.

you didn't link the twitter you stole this from

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I love the irony that this time Atlanta torched a Sherman.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

News: The mighty Seahawks are going to hold down and violate Matt Ryan after forcing Dan Quinn to sign a consent form on his behalf

Views: It's gonna be a good game when Green Bay comes to the Clink

fake news lmfao

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Texans should have traded for Romo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I feel hungover and I don't drink

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
God is dead. Go Pats

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

It's cool being a Pats fan b/c you get disappointed for various barely scrutable reasons when your team wins 34-16 in the divisional round for the 15th year in a row.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

I grudgingly resign myself to watching my team play in its sixth consecutive AFCCG.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I am late to insane driving chat, but Cairo was pretty nuts. I remember my cousin taking shortcuts by driving on railroad tracks, two of my cousins messing around by trying to run each other off the road and my mom losing her mind while my dad laughed it off.

After a few days, crazy becomes normal. Although I remember getting in a cab that even scared my dad, which made it even more terrifying.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Peta posted:

I grudgingly resign myself to watching my team play in its sixth consecutive AFCCG.

My team covers the biggest line in playoff history since Super Bowl 3 and I'm unhappy with how it went

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Late night KC weather update, 2:30 AM and still jack poo poo where I am.

We're assured that it will rain at some point, freezing if it happens at the right time. Also possibly into the game.

I suspect it's pretty likely not going to kill all of us though.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

DNS posted:

I'm not necessarily worried about Seattle's front four. They're gonna hit Ryan, there's no way around that - but he's expecting it, and he's been pulling the trigger on big time throws while getting his rear end beat all season long, including @SEA back in October.

"We got a lot of pressure," Bennett said, according to The Seattle Times. "He threw the ball really fast. There was some busted stuff going on, so obviously you don't know football. He threw the ball pretty fast. He did his thing. We rushed as good as we could. Don't point and say we didn't do what we needed to do, OK? Don't do that."

Ryan completed 26 of 37 passes for 338 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions. The Seahawks had three sacks and eight quarterback hits in the game.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Your Taint posted:

I love the irony that this time Atlanta torched a Sherman.

:perfect:

That game was going really well for the Hawks, up until that beautiful Hester return came back and ended in a safety. Some people say momentum is bullshit; I say we just watched it swing right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DNS posted:

"We got a lot of pressure," Bennett said, according to The Seattle Times. "He threw the ball really fast. There was some busted stuff going on, so obviously you don't know football. He threw the ball pretty fast. He did his thing. We rushed as good as we could. Don't point and say we didn't do what we needed to do, OK? Don't do that."

Ryan completed 26 of 37 passes for 338 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions. The Seahawks had three sacks and eight quarterback hits in the game.

Matt "Matty Ice" Ryan

• Locked thread