Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

melonpan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha, missed that

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Raphi's trolling is great, and I hope she never stops never stopping.

...it's just that every other character is stellar.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
The coffee segment made me sad and annoyed as I felt like the owner didn't deserve Gabriel to be afflicted on him but it got saved by Vigne; the poor man.

I'm a coffee addict so I may be biased. I got a French Press because the taste of coffee from my normal drip thing was just disgusting.

It seems like Raphi's bullying may be more stalkerish in nature, that can be fun. I like how even she was stunned by Satania eating super spicey creme puffs no problem. :D

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I want to say Gab sorta mellows out into less of a jerk as the manga goes on, but I could be wrong. Everyone else is more or less the same.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm ok with Gab being a dick, but the gimmick is starting to lose its luster for me. Things need to progress in some way or I feel like the gimmick will get stale. and maybe Gab learning to not be a little poo poo all the time might be the way to go.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

She reminds me of those kids with super strict parents who go off to college, taste freedom for the first time, and immediately go to poo poo. She'll be alright once she works it out of her system imo

Also Satania is the best hands down.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Why is everyone so mean to Satan? She's trying so hard and everyone's just out to bully her :qq:

Best ep so far. Poor Satan. The censor gag was really great, Vigne's a sweetheart, and she's going to be so disappointed in herself when she discovers that she probably accidentally saved that poor Coffee Man's soul.

On the other hand, Satania's going to be so proud when she realizes she actually did something evil.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AnoHito posted:

On the other hand, Satania's going to be so proud when she realizes she actually did something evil.

I can't wait for the moment when Actual Satan shows up in some capacity and calls here a little wimp, and Raphi becomes depressed because her plaything broke.

Actual Satan would probably try to adopt Gab as his own daughter.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

I can't wait for the moment when Actual Satan shows up in some capacity and calls here a little wimp, and Raphi becomes depressed because her plaything broke.

Actual Satan would probably try to adopt Gab as his own daughter.

Judging by the story beats, actual Satan would probably some kind of NEET or a salaryman

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
ngl, satan is the only reason i'm watching this. she's wonderful.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I want a Maro Mayu-esque spinoff of Gab working at the coffee shop if for no other reason than to listen to a smooth voiced Japanese man talk about coffee while modern jazz plays.

Then it just turns full Gab.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Poor Vigne. She's really too good for Gab.

Also, Satania's "I CAN" shirt is the best.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad Satan at least has Vigne as a friend.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Weird how the end credits started almost ten minutes before the show ended.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Poil posted:

Weird how the end credits started almost ten minutes before the show ended.

Yeah, that was strange. I kinda get wanting to put a break between the end of the beach trip and the hangout at Vigne's house, but it was waaaaaay too long to act as a stinger.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm okay with the ED following the classic train ride home where everyone falls asleep in the glow of the sunset

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, that was strange. I kinda get wanting to put a break between the end of the beach trip and the hangout at Vigne's house, but it was waaaaaay too long to act as a stinger.

was it supposed to be a stinger? Shows that do the early ED always do that just to disjoint two parts of an episode even further.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Space Flower posted:

i'm okay with the ED following the classic train ride home where everyone falls asleep in the glow of the sunset
Ah, that's probably why. And yes it does work good.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

HAPPY!

best moment of the OP. also gabe in a nutshell

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

I loved this segment. I love seeing more of Gab's and Vigne's beautiful special friendship.

"Who the hell is that!?"

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Space Flower posted:

HAPPY!

best moment of the OP. also gabe in a nutshell

heart eyes

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hail Satan.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
This show is really loving funny and thanks Maid Dragon thread for mentioning it

hail satan

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

So we're supposed to like the demons more than the angels, right?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Depends, how are you counting Raphiel?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

serefin99 posted:

Vigne is great, yes.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Helter Skelter posted:

Depends, how are you counting Raphiel?

I'm counting her as a sadist who likes bullying my favorite character.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

serefin99 posted:

Well, so far Gabriel has done the following to Satan: punched her in the gut, flattened her with a door, smashed her head with a baseball bat.

The angels are not particularly sympathetic here.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Good ep. I'm glad our new angel doesn't hate Vigne.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Agronox posted:

Well, so far Gabriel has done the following to Satan: punched her in the gut, flattened her with a door, smashed her head with a baseball bat.

I want to bully a Satan too, so actually...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SpiritusNoxSA/status/828660933899776000

Hail Satan. This episode was really good. I like Tabris and how she plays off the rest of the cast a lot, hope she's not a one-off character.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

serefin99 posted:

Tapris is pretty ok.

I hope she realises Vigne is a much better senpai and role model than Gab ever could be.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Satan and Tapris are the only ones who aren't complete failures at their divine jobs since they're actually trying. :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Such a good episode.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://a.pomf.cat/hnkinh.webm

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Good episode this week.

Agronox posted:

Gabriel didn't actually hit her with the baseball bat. She's not a devil angel bad guy.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

If anyone ever says Satania isn't great, I'm just gonna show them that entire scene. Honestly the best part of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

• Locked thread