Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

It's good, but having read the manga it's not really adding enough to capture my interest so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

DrPaper posted:

Show is okay, but still Fake Umaru...

I feel like the parallels to Umaru are pretty shallow to be honest. Within the genre, anyway.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

She reminds me of those kids with super strict parents who go off to college, taste freedom for the first time, and immediately go to poo poo. She'll be alright once she works it out of her system imo

Also Satania is the best hands down.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

_w aku  w aku
(笑)悪 (笑)悪

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

Favourite bit of trivia learned is that Satania is rather tall, or at least taller than Gabe.

Website has Satania at 157cm (~5'2") and Gabriel at 144cm (~4'9").

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

It even has a wikipedia article, which lists it as an obsolete/dead phrase.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Dryzen posted:

looks like it's time to bring it back
       /

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

AnoHito posted:

I was perfectly fine with that one.

The argument I hear against that one is that she's not supposed to be demonic at all, and praying to the dark lord kind of is, but eh.

The "throw a homer" one was what got me, especially because they say it like three times.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Kibibit posted:

What was actually being said there?

A literal translation would be like "where are you throwing?"

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Space Flower posted:

I think the english script does a fine job of, as a tweet I saw put it, eliciting the same response without trying to translate the japanese literally.

I'm in favor of this style of translation, but I do sort of think they take it too far sometimes, mostly when adding a gag when there was none in the original line (in which case you're explicitly not trying to elicit the same response). At that point it's mostly a question of personal taste though, so .

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Space Flower posted:

I think there can be an argument for the overall localized tone of the show being supported by ongoing dialogue gags like that. It reminds me of Disgaea's localization, especially if you're reading it alongside JP audio

Yeah it's certainly a valid approach to take, and probably also a good business decision as it seems to be driving a bunch of discussion online.

I'd probably appreciate it more if it were done with a dub or manga, where I didn't have the original to compare it to—reading all these jokes while listening to normal conversation in the audio feels really awkward—but I'm hardly the target audience.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Agronox posted:

Very good.

I want to see more 4kids subs now.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I like the chair she is sitting in. :allears:

joining the "ohmygod" chain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

You can right click -> loop in most browsers I think.

• Locked thread