Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

This was my favourite moment.

"You know you're not really like a devil either."
"What."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Seems very efficient way to live. :)

What is kitsune udon, does anyone know?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Melon bread is amazing, the dog has good taste.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The coffee segment made me sad and annoyed as I felt like the owner didn't deserve Gabriel to be afflicted on him but it got saved by Vigne; the poor man.

I'm a coffee addict so I may be biased. I got a French Press because the taste of coffee from my normal drip thing was just disgusting.

It seems like Raphi's bullying may be more stalkerish in nature, that can be fun. I like how even she was stunned by Satania eating super spicey creme puffs no problem. :D

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I loved this segment. I love seeing more of Gab's and Vigne's beautiful special friendship.

"Who the hell is that!?"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Such a good episode.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I like how Gabriael really gives no fucks when it comes to pranks but do wish she was just slightly more sociable; particularly when she leans on Vi for help but otherwise doesn't seem to reciprocate.

Favourite bit of trivia learned is that Satania is rather tall, or at least taller than Gabe.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't know. Satania might be less of a good person, but she's about as incompetent at evil as Vigne is. I can't imagine any of them are doing too well with the higher-ups.

I slightly suspect that Satania's try-harding is basically just being extremely chuuni and probably doesn't accurately reflect her values as a person; I get the feeling she'd feel guilty if accidentally pushed a kid who scrapped his knee as a result. I don't see anything about her that would make me really think "bad person" to any degree.

Really the only ones I'm not too sure about are Gab and Raphi. Gab in the more "Doesn't care about anyone that isn't Vigne or Tapris" which is possibly the most blatant dereliction of heavenly duty; while Raphi might draw the line at causing physical harm but just has a more innocent version of Kotomine Kirei's desire to screw with peoples heads.

In a more cynical work I could see Raphi doing fine because "The Lord works in ~mysterious ways~".

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This was a great episode. When Gab is a little more sociable the extent that she's a schlub becomes a lot more entertaining.

YOU HAVE FED ME TRIBUTE, and FOR THAT! You shall be rewarded a thousandfold in turn! :allears:

It's hilarious imaging them more as Greek Demigods doing their thing.

This was a great episode to flesh out Rephi, I wasn't yet bored of her bullying of Satania to the same degree of Gab's shtick since they spaced it out better but it's great seeing that she can have set backs happen to her.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Spiritus Nox posted:

Her genuinely being nice to Satan + Satan not even knowing how to deal + The Frog was a good beat too. Funny and also made Raphi into less of a bully.

That wasn't my reading. I thought she was enjoying the PTSD she inflicted; hence the turnaround/comeuppance being hilarious.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hahahaha I just realized that today's episode's subplot is essentially Vigne tempting Gab.

To abide by her obligations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Thoughts as I'm watching the episode.

-Gabriel being halfway between her old angelic self, and her neet self, is I feel a bit of a sweetspot where I feel she isn't dragging everything down. Being passive-aggressive/sarcastic with the veneer of being an angel sugar on top feels like it shows more personality.

-Oh god Satania's parents and brother, hah.
-Oh Satania has an upside down cross, cool, that's a nice detail.
-I see Vigne was always Vigne.
-Hey! Vigne is a good girl. :mad:
-Something hilarious about Vigne having the closest thing to a beast of the apocalypse.
-Oh my god Satania has a pokemon.
-Oh thank god it isn't dead.
-Uuuuh isn't that Sakuya as Rephi's butler? Two-timer!!! :mad:
-Ahaha Sakuya-Maid is weirdo.
-Ooooh my gosh I almost missed it, the way they had Tenma in the background snoozing only to snap to attention instantly is genius.
-The interview here is like the angel version of what Vigne and Satania went through.
-Gab knows what it's like to get tired of sleeping, it's like a feeling worse than death.
-Gab's staring contest faces oh god.
-Apparently Gab is startled by sudden noises easily. I like it when animators work in small moments of realism.
-Gab's boredom levels are apparently so high that even she leaps at the chance to help a literal demon.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

you saw that shogi game. she knows it's gonna be good

I feel like that's Gabe taking it out on Satania for making her do something she didn't want to do, while the current situation is her legitimately willing to do anything to relieve her boredom.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I'm still amazed at how accurately foreign that sounded.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Sadly not the video where the guy says "Itterasshai!" every so often that was given to me during my Japanese class but still cool and I like how quiet it is.

Poil posted:

Which is why were are in this thread in this subforum. :)

Hahahahaha.

*Looks at his Google Wallet after buying Quartz for Fate Go and his limited edition pocket watch from Otakuthon, and the 90$ Army surplus Korean uniform he got to wear to Otakuthon and cries*

At least that uniform is practical everyday wear in halves (only the shirt or the jacket but not both). :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

AnoHito posted:

One genuinely good angel shows up later. Also Vigne is good enough to make up for the both of the fail angels.

E: ^ Gab gets at least a little bit better and also doesn't start nearly as bad as Umaru does.

Eh? Isn't Umaru at least generally caring for her brother and friends and at least keeps up appearances of being an honour student?

Gab can barely even go to school.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This show's biggest weakness compared to Umaru is that it's a little too adherent to the status quo.

Gabe is slightly more sociable, Vigne is slightly less tolerant of Gabe's poo poo. Satania and Raphi are about the same but their interactions have gotten more balanced.

The jokes have stayed funny but I feel like Gabe got off too easily; I'd like it if something persisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Nah, Zelel moving in with Gab would have been hilarious.

We are all Rephi.

• Locked thread