Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This show seems cute and funny and I look forward to more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Satan's daughter is a precious baby whom we should all want to protect from her own stupidity.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/akanesouichi/status/822528835568570369

Hail satan

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I do not necessarily need the bullying to stop, but I do hope that "is a bully" is not literally the entirety of Raphi's character.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Disco_Brando/status/823164306225147904

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Why is everyone so mean to Satan? She's trying so hard and everyone's just out to bully her :qq:

Best ep so far. Poor Satan. The censor gag was really great, Vigne's a sweetheart, and she's going to be so disappointed in herself when she discovers that she probably accidentally saved that poor Coffee Man's soul.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Poor Vigne. She's really too good for Gab.

Also, Satania's "I CAN" shirt is the best.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Poil posted:

Weird how the end credits started almost ten minutes before the show ended.

Yeah, that was strange. I kinda get wanting to put a break between the end of the beach trip and the hangout at Vigne's house, but it was waaaaaay too long to act as a stinger.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SpiritusNoxSA/status/828660933899776000

Hail Satan. This episode was really good. I like Tabris and how she plays off the rest of the cast a lot, hope she's not a one-off character.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like that even Satania can see how thirsty Tapris is, but Tapris herself can't

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

Raphiel's ref game is on point.

:yeah:

Little disappointed that Tabris doesn't seem to be sticking around.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good Listener posted:

There is a part of me that thinks this show would be way more fun if instead of graduating angel school and going to Earth high school, they all ended up in some office jobs instead. Maybe that is just me though.

While we're talking about cool things the show could do that it probably won't, I bet you could write some decent stuff based on what God/The Devil think of their Angels and Demons getting along like our protagonists...mostly are.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dublish posted:

In my head canon, God is the teacher and is just messing with everyone.

Ooooh, that's a good one.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good Listener posted:

Is the dog Satan then?

OH MY GOD

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Poor Vigne needs to just setup a timeshare in heaven. :smith:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I will say, I hope Gab and Vigne getting in trouble with their bosses isn't a throwaway plot device. I feel like there's a decent setup in there for a pretty decent ending.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I like the chair she is sitting in. :allears:

Holy poo poo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Futaba Anzu posted:

is gab a Friend?

She is small, cute, and hairy, but I'm not sure she's nice enough.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vigne's VA has a drat good singing voice.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Smug Satania is very powerful.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sunglasses-Sensei seems like a competent teacher who is very exasperated with Satania's Chuunibyou schtick and is trying to do his part to raise her into a socially competent adult.

He will never defeat Satan

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

This was a great episode. When Gab is a little more sociable the extent that she's a schlub becomes a lot more entertaining.

YOU HAVE FED ME TRIBUTE, and FOR THAT! You shall be rewarded a thousandfold in turn! :allears:

It's hilarious imaging them more as Greek Demigods doing their thing.

This was a great episode to flesh out Rephi, I wasn't yet bored of her bullying of Satania to the same degree of Gab's shtick since they spaced it out better but it's great seeing that she can have set backs happen to her.

Her genuinely being nice to Satan + Satan not even knowing how to deal + The Frog was a good beat too. Funny and also made Raphi into less of a bully.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Today's episode was a riot. Preventing Satan from discovering the True Meaning Of Christmas was a minor stroke of genius.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gab maybe. Vigne doesn't need to own up to poo poo, she just needs to get a transfer to heaven.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Agronox posted:

Where does Tapris fit into all this

Tapris is a good but inexperienced and naive angel. Who might also harbor some indecent thoughts towards her colleagues.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...When even was that?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

good cameo from izayoi sakuya

She has trained Raphi well in the art of the problematic.

Good Ep. I like that Satania comes from an entire family of delusions of grandeur. Looks like we're actually going to get a bit of meaningful continuity going into the last few episodes here. Should be fun. Hope Tapris makes another appearance at some point.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

Satania's family was perfect.

Her dad totally isn't an archdemon at all, is he? :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

-Gabriel being halfway between her old angelic self, and her neet self, is I feel a bit of a sweetspot where I feel she isn't dragging everything down. Being passive-aggressive/sarcastic with the veneer of being an angel sugar on top feels like it shows more personality.

With as much of an rear end in a top hat as Gab came off as in some earlier episodes, I was glad to see that she hasn't forgotten how to be nice to her baby sister. :3:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good ep. Glad to see more Tabris, glad to see the Devil and her greatest nemesis reach an accord. Looking forward to meeting Gab's Sister in the finale next week.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It WAS weird that there wasn't even a "Boy that sure ended in hilarious disaster, huh" line or anything.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The OVA was cute. I was kinda iffy on last couple jokes, but other than that it was fun.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Reallycoolname posted:

So I've watched a couple of episodes of this already and I gotta ask, do *any* of the angels stop being unlikeable? Like seriously, we get the joke already sheesh.

The show spends about 90 percent of its entire runtime doing riffs on the core gag presented in the first ep, so if you're not feeling it right now it's unlikely to get better for you, unfortunately.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Last episode was fun. Show was cute and fun. Might take second place in my season rankings, need to see how Bang Dream finishes.

Kinda wish that they had leaned ever-so-slightly harder on the rivalry between the Angels and Demons. The show didn't need to be a drama or anything, but I feel like having "real" angels and demons disapproving of our heroines' friendships could have set up for both some nice gags and some humanizing moments for the cast.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There's an OVA

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

All in all: Hail Satan

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thirding that. Highly unlikely to make my personal year-end list, but a basically well executed show that I consistently looked forward to and avoided any real clunkers.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Coffee Jesus tries very hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I liked it a lot, but it's definitely a pretty massive tone-shift from the rest of the show. I can see how they would decide to keep it in an OVA.

• Locked thread