Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Tsukkomi ranking from most tsukkomi to least:

Vigne
Gab
Satania
Raph

(Alternatively, Boke ranking from bottom to top)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I want to say Gab sorta mellows out into less of a jerk as the manga goes on, but I could be wrong. Everyone else is more or less the same.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

I can't wait for the moment when Actual Satan shows up in some capacity and calls here a little wimp, and Raphi becomes depressed because her plaything broke.

Actual Satan would probably try to adopt Gab as his own daughter.

Judging by the story beats, actual Satan would probably some kind of NEET or a salaryman

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Satania is finally not at the bottom of the trolling/tsukkomi ladder!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kibibit posted:

Never read the source, but I get the feeling she exists solely to be bullied by Satania.

She exists for other reasons. Raph also bullies her too, but indirectly.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Space Flower posted:

let's just say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree

Satania's family is special

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Vigne and Gab are going to switch sides by the end of this show aren't they?

Gab gives zero fucks as long as her allowance is coming in as is her nature. Vigne cares a lot, but I imagine she'll inadvertently use Gab and her being a lovely angel as proof of her work to maintain her position. (Translations have only gotten up to the angels having to do a check-in, the demons haven't, but we get to see their pets)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Translations when?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

That wasn't my reading. I thought she was enjoying the PTSD she inflicted; hence the turnaround/comeuppance being hilarious.

I read it as Raph being actually nice, but then enjoying Satania's obvious paranoia before getting the turnaround.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

*WHAM*
"I dropped my fork." :keke:

Even Vigne's patience has its limits, I guess.

Vigne has the potential to be a powerful demon. Just as long as humanity is ruining an event she meticulously planned. Drunk Gab is 100% adorable.

The anime's really close to where the translations have reached it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One thing I like Gab more than Umaru is that Gab basically owns up to being rotten and fallen and largely gives no shits unless there's ramifications and even then she'll try and weasel out of it if possible. She's honest about it and the series is too. She could definitely be less rotten, but the series by its nature doesn't need that kind of baggage

Umaru is almost ashamed of her other self to the point of having three mutually exclusive identities among her friends and never seems to bring up the courage to resolve it. She certainly is building up the courage towards it and that's part of her arc. That's the nature of her series.

• Locked thread