Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The angel Gabriel who graduated at the top of her class descends upon Earth to learn about humans and complete her angel training. Various things happen, and life on Earth quickly turns this honors student into a slob who skips school to play online games.

Gabriel White Tenma (CV: Tomita Miyu) is addicted to games. In danger of being sent back to heaven if she misses too much school. Once a ray of hope for heaven's armies, now a fallen angel.
Vignette April Tsukinose (CV: Ōnishi Saori) a devil from Hell who takes care of Gabriel as her friend. A doting, serious girl who can't ignore troubled souls.
Satanichia McDowell Kurumizawa (CV: Ōzora Naomi) is a devil with aspirations of ruling Hell. A chuuni who wants to terrify others with evil act but ends up being the butt of the joke, usually due to Gabriel's misdeeds or Raphiel's bullying.
Raphiel Ainsworth Shiraha (CV: Hanazawa Kana) is a virtuous-seeming angel with sadistic tendencies. Love to tease stupid devils. Is voiced by HanaKana.

It's Gabriel Dropout! Please discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The devil's are a lot cooler than the angels.

Gabe's good. The fate of the entire world teeters every time her raid wipes.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
shes also an angel voiced by hanakana. and from heaven to boot

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

melonpan

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm okay with the ED following the classic train ride home where everyone falls asleep in the glow of the sunset

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

HAPPY!

best moment of the OP. also gabe in a nutshell

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Agronox posted:

Well, so far Gabriel has done the following to Satan: punched her in the gut, flattened her with a door, smashed her head with a baseball bat.

The angels are not particularly sympathetic here.

I want to bully a Satan too, so actually...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
They'll cover that when they go to the arcade in ep 10 and play skee ball

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I have a canoe, will that do?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
let's just say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

z0glin Warchief posted:

The "throw a homer" one was what got me, especially because they say it like three times.

yeah that line was a miss for me because who says that? overall though, if I know what's being said in the japanese of a given line, then I think the TL of that line is, by nature, not meant for me.. I think the english script does a fine job of, as a tweet I saw put it, eliciting the same response without trying to translate the japanese literally. it's real cheesy which is sometimes a groaner and sometimes makes me giggle, like this one where the japanese is just "sasuga vigne" but the english script picks up on the visual gag and runs with it

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
wololo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
they've both effectively defected and live in elopement on Earth anyway

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I think there can be an argument for the overall localized tone of the show being supported by ongoing dialogue gags like that. It reminds me of Disgaea's localization, especially if you're reading it alongside JP audio

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Gab is not a lemming!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhJhnqEbyAw

full OP with lyrics color-coded to the cast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHKpGAWcw_4

full ED

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

That was quite a balanced ep. Nice devil comeuppance.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nitrousoxide posted:

Vigne is such a bad demon.

Consider that Gabriel was the top student in Heaven before she met and was spoiled by Vigne.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://u.nya.is/htewig.webm

the actual cutest.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
good cameo from izayoi sakuya

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That's an awkward snipe.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Paracelsus posted:

Half the room actually being a wall painted to give the illusion of depth was a nice touch.

ohh thats what the brother was doing. lmao

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/03/15/anime-industry-ups-and-downs/

quote:

Nobuyuki Mitani is quitting the studio and anime altogether for the foreseeable future . . . Mitani had been one of Dogakobo’s strongest animators for many years, not only through his skillful cartoony approach but also due to his inventiveness – he would come up with sequences like this that weren’t originally in the storyboard.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
[Mori] Gabriel Dropout - OVA 01 [720p][68AF8CA4].mkv

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Gabe is a good girl and an angel. That's the whole point of the closer for like every episode!! And the last line of the OP.

I think all of the girls have quirks as well as ways of keeping each other in check which is why it ends up a balanced cast.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That little montage showing how Gab hasn't grown or changed at all didn't do the final episode any favors, but it was still a fun ep. Fun show, not great.

maybe angels are eternal bcause they dont grow. makes u think

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
crunchyroll just kind of randomly picks up OVAs when possible. it's not something you can gauge easily so just hit up your friends at nyaa. or buy the BDs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

where in the heck did this ep come from

• Locked thread