Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Episode 2 was a lot better than episode 1, I am sold on this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Vigne: Worst demon, best girl. :allears:

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

Translations when?

Here's the OP video with bad translations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ3C74yzgb0

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

https://my.mixtape.moe/crawtf.webm

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I liked Satania's continued misuse of chopsticks.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Paracelsus posted:

Half the room actually being a wall painted to give the illusion of depth was a nice touch.

I loved that so much.

I think this anime turned out great. It's full of fun little details, and the main cast bounces off each other really well. It's more consistently funny than Umaru-chan, and it has a top-tier OP and ED. Definitely one of my three favorite series this season, along with Demi-chan and Kemono Friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I definitely liked this show better than Umaru-chan, mostly because of its cast. The hidden-identity plot at the center of Umaru-chan meant that the show could never really bring all of its characters together, at least not until the last two episodes or so. This meant that we mostly just got to see the other girls interact with Umaru or one of her alter-egos, and not much with each other. GabDrop, on the other hand, introduced all four main characters in the very first episode, and then just had fun bouncing them off each other and pairing them up for different chapters. I also felt like the whole "main girl is a huge slob" aspect didn't get nearly as much screen time in GabDrop as it did in Umaru-chan. After the first two episodes or so, "Gabriel is a really lovely angel" becomes more of a running joke, rather than the central plot point. Umaru-chan definitely felt more repetitive in that regard. Finally, Umaru's character arc really wasn't all that interesting (and GabDrop does almost the same thing for Gabriel, although more subtly), so the fact that this was just straight-up plot-less gag anime didn't bother me at all.

In conclusion, this anime was dumb and fun as hell, and one of my favorites of its kind in the past couple of years.

That said, does anyone know if Crunchyroll is likely to air the OVAs?

• Locked thread