Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Oh man. She's basically anime Butters. The character has potential!

I hope this continues to be pretty good, and that there's less bullying (those scenes are going to get old quickly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I knew we had something in common. I, too, am trash man.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

serefin99 posted:

So we're supposed to like the demons more than the angels, right?

Well, so far Gabriel has done the following to Satan: punched her in the gut, flattened her with a door, smashed her head with a baseball bat.

The angels are not particularly sympathetic here.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Ah. After reading what was translated of the manga over the weekend I wondered if they'd animate that. A strange gag, almost like the author just wanted a good visual of her pulling on someone.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I will say, I hope Gab and Vigne getting in trouble with their bosses isn't a throwaway plot device. I feel like there's a decent setup in there for a pretty decent ending.

Well, although I don't know how much of the manga hasn't been translated yet, we sort of see the angels' boss, but even there the plot thread is left hanging.

And actually, now that I think about it, that whole thing where their allowances are cut is anime original I'm pretty sure. So maybe they are setting up for an original ending.

Agronox fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 21, 2017

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
This is one of the few shows where I kinda wish the subber would be more literal, or at least more sensible. The "kitchen sink" thing a few episodes ago, and the "homer" part this week... ugh.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Very good.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I actually didn't know the story behind the whole Duwang thing until looking it up just now. Funny stuff.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

http://imgur.com/a/2wyN7

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Where does Tapris fit into all this

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Poil posted:

I'm so glad they kept Chappy. Also the anime has caught up to the translated manga storywise now.

There's still one little Tapris chapter that wasn't adapted. And probably won't be. :mad:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Ha, so they just kept the "welp guess we're done with the heaven arc?" part of the manga.

I liked the dog skit. Kinda wonder what they were parodying with their journey though.

And spending money on stupid stuff brings us all together:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Fun show, not great.

That's pretty much my final thought too. A nice, comfy comedy that didn't really do too much. But I still looked forward to it and enjoyed it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
New chapter on batoto.

Pros: two good secondary characters show up.
Cons: pretty much all the humor looks to have been in puns and wordplay that doesn't translate well.

http://bato.to/reader#94b82bb2cf13c539

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Coffee Jesus tries very hard.

And I kind of like that Raphi is surprisingly nice with Tapris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Kytrarewn posted:

Is it worth it to start reading the manga from Chapter 1?

Honestly, at this point, probably not. The scan (or maybe raw) quality is not that good, and the anime covered almost everything already. Maybe wait for the English releases, which are forthcoming.

• Locked thread