Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

The fact that GW products are made in the U.K. is why I don't immediately freak out about their prices. Yeah, there's some name tax for sure, but considering a board game of mostly cardboard is $60 MSRP while being completely made in China makes Blood Bowl at $99 not that big a deal. If those board games were printed in the US they'd be $99 easy.

gw absolutely price gouge with their stuff. lets compare their product to another british company that makes their minis in the uk; victrix. a box of roman legionaries is 30 gbp and has 60 nicely detailed mans in it. lets be fair to gw and compare that to something similar from their line, the freeguild guard. a box of 10 troopers is 15.50 gbp. by what metric are the gw figures three times better than the victrix figures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
I'm not familiar with their sculpts but I will point out that practically every science fiction or fantasy miniatures are much more expensive than historicals.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

berzerkmonkey posted:

I stayed up way too late watching Fury Road last night and had multiple Ork-gasms. I really need to finish up my Gorkamorka vehicles.

In BB news, the Mighty Zug is available for preorder (18 GBP/$22.50):

Kind of looks like the same aesthetic as the previous metal human team. Wonder if the sculpt has been kicking around since then.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Shadin posted:

I'm not familiar with their sculpts but I will point out that practically every science fiction or fantasy miniatures are much more expensive than historicals.

They're not three times more expensive to produce. They're three times more profitable.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

well its impossible to claim copyright on a hoplite or whatever, and lots of people are real weird about using proxies, so companies like privateer press and warlord can charge nice little sums for their fictional stuff. but gw is still the king of bending the consumer over the barrel and having em come back for seconds

its really too bad im not into mantics aesthetic, since they offer actual reasonably priced mans

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm including Taiwan as "China" here.
Hey, man, Trump doesn't, so why should you? :shepicide:

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

They're not three times more expensive to produce. They're three times more profitable.

No, right, I understand that. I just meant that people always bring up historicals to show the evils of GW, but it's basically an entirely different market.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
In other news, the rumor mill is currently speculating that Cubicle 7 has gotten the license for Warhammer FRPG.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
So not Moedipus?

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

JcDent posted:

So not Moedipus?

It seems to be between them and C7, but someone noticed that third edition PDFs on Drive Thru RPG were being shown as published by C7 instead of FFG.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

What has C7 done, anyways?

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

JcDent posted:

What has C7 done, anyways?

The most well known games to my knowledge are The One Ring, and I think a Doctor Who RPG.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They also do the Laundry RPG and Cthulhu Britannica, which are all well done.

If Cubicle 7 gets it, I imagine it'll be good but we have no idea what the base system or fluff base will be.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

What are good, european shipping friendly websites to buy alt orcs for bloodbowl? I had bern told that I best field 4 Borcs, 4 Blitzers, a troll, a thrower and a lineman, otherwise I would have a poo poo team, so I need tye miniatures not present in GW box.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

JcDent posted:

What are good, european shipping friendly websites to buy alt orcs for bloodbowl? I had bern told that I best field 4 Borcs, 4 Blitzers, a troll, a thrower and a lineman, otherwise I would have a poo poo team, so I need tye miniatures not present in GW box.

Comixininos is the go-to place for EU BB.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

glitchkrieg posted:

Comixininos is the go-to place for EU BB.

Added a Third-Party Retailers list to the Blood Bowl section of OP and put that in it. I've been away from BB for a long drat time so if people have others they're fond of just let me know.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

JcDent posted:

Weren't Silver Towers a terrain piece in WHFB and a unit in Warmaster?

We'll see it when it comes. I dunno if I'll be able to justify dropping money on it.

Man o' War had a Bane Tower of Tzeentch.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I've got a big lot of OOP Space Marine (the precursor to Epic: Armageddon) minis I'm trying to get rid of.

10 Rhinos
20 Land Raiders
5 Land Speeders
3 Shadowswords
3 Leman Russ'
6 Vindicators
3 Hellhounds
5 Dreadnoughts
20+ Eldar Grav Tanks
3 Bombards
Various cardstock buildings with plastic roofs
Various infantry stands, including Space Marines w/random Termis, Assault Marines, and Devastators, a few bike stands, and a whole buttload of Eldar Guardians
Most non-vehicle models are on square bases and badly painted. Most vehicles are also badly painted, with the exception of the unpainted Eldar.

I'll be posting them on eBay within a few days, but if anyone here is interested I'm more then willing to work something out. I'm trying to get rid of these quickly and I'm flexible for pricing them.

titty_baby_ fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 30, 2017

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Other third party sites for BB include:

http://willyminiatures.com
http://www.impactminiatures.com
http://www.rolljordan.com
http://www.greebo-games.com

I'm sure there's more but these are the first that spring to mind. There's usually a few different kickstarters at any one time too.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

JcDent posted:

The Black Scorpion Orc Team is very nice.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm starting to understanf why people don't like the new team, the aesthetic is basically incompatible with the any of 3rd party miniatures.

I'm thinking of cutting my linemen the gently caress up and trying to bash some BO snd maybe blitzers together since I feel kinda scammed: I bought a team and everyone's screaming at me that it's poo poo unless I buy more stuff.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

JcDent posted:

I'm thinking of cutting my linemen the gently caress up and trying to bash some BO snd maybe blitzers together since I feel kinda scammed: I bought a team and everyone's screaming at me that it's poo poo unless I buy more stuff.

I mean, its fine if you play against other people using the same teams. But if you're playing with people who are willing to buy 2 boxes just to get optimum rosters, then yeah, the default is bad.

GW really hosed up the rollout for bloodbowl. Rushed it to market to hit for xmas I guess. They need to get out individual orc and human teams asap, as well as trolls, ogres, dwarves and ideally individual blisters for positionals.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm one of two players in my league who aren't old crusty grogs while I haven't played once in my life, so I guess I need every benefit I can get.

My division has chaos, elves and even halflings in it, so maybe not all is lost, especially if I can crump opposing players.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

JcDent posted:

I'm one of two players in my league who aren't old crusty grogs while I haven't played once in my life, so I guess I need every benefit I can get.

My division has chaos, elves and even halflings in it, so maybe not all is lost, especially if I can crump opposing players.

You have enough dudes at least, so if you can kitbash or counts-as a couple of your dudes as other dudes then you'd be good to go. Really just turn 2 linemen into blitzers and you're solid, if humans anyways. Similar changes would be made for orcs or skaven, just kinda swapping 2 dudes for 2 other roles gives you the optimum loadout.

http://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy is good reference for recommended teams and skills.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I am angry enough to mangle then players that I already have, but I need a troll, so I might get one from comixininos and then maybe blitzer/linemanw with metal face masks, which are what I love about the new blitzers.

Unless those minis are metal: then it's a black scorp troll and done.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

JcDent posted:

I am angry enough to mangle then players that I already have, but I need a troll, so I might get one from comixininos and then maybe blitzer/linemanw with metal face masks, which are what I love about the new blitzers.

Unless those minis are metal: then it's a black scorp troll and done.

The great thing about Trolls is that you can use pretty much any Troll mini for it. I went with a Hordes spiky troll thing for £12 from Dark Sphere, which has worked fine for two seasons of playing Orcs.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
You can spend $15 shipped and get 6 additional Orc players from Ebay. You'll be set at that point, minus the Troll.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ebay.uk only has metal old BB orcs, unless I'm really bad at googling.

I don't think In want to deal with trans atlantic shipping.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

New dwarf plastic team is up for pre-order:

Actually looks like pretty cool sculpts. They have extra heads so you don't have as many identical guys, and the composition of 6 blockers and 2 and 2 and 2 of the others is actually an ideal Dwarf team, so you don't need to buy more boxes or guys or do kitbashing.

Dwarves got the best release so far :orks:

Also there's a dwarf-skaven pitch that looks pretty dang cool.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The one guy is walking on his beard, like it's a false-foot

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I'm not keen on the levitating troll slayers. Or how much armour they have.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I think they are meant to be doing a Superman punch.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Actually looks like pretty cool sculpts. They have extra heads so you don't have as many identical guys, and the composition of 6 blockers and 2 and 2 and 2 of the others is actually an ideal Dwarf team, so you don't need to buy more boxes or guys or do kitbashing.

I think that's because you can buy everything you want from the roster, with 3 rerolls, for 1000TV.

One of the many reasons why they're the most boring team in the game.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea, I'm also not a fan of those slayers. I get what they were aiming for but they really look more floaty than jumpy. I think its because the beard curves back around under them instead of following the line of motion properly. It might be fixable with a little work.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah you can cut off that pony tail part of the beard and green stuff that foot to a rock and it'll look better while not sacrificing the action of the model.

I picked up Gangs of Commoragh and the system is actually pretty clean and simple. If they use the campaign rules for Necromunda and Mordheim it could fix a lot of problems people had with the first editions.

Gangs still level up and gain new gear, but each game has a point cost and better gear and models cost more and special skills can only be used once a match for each time the model has the skill.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

So does the box contain campaign rules? Couldn't work it out from your post.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Ashcans posted:

Yea, I'm also not a fan of those slayers. I get what they were aiming for but they really look more floaty than jumpy. I think its because the beard curves back around under them instead of following the line of motion properly. It might be fixable with a little work.

It doesnt help that they both have that same pose.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

glitchkrieg posted:

So does the box contain campaign rules? Couldn't work it out from your post.

Sorry, yeah, campaign mode seems to be the main thrust of the game.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
None of the beards seem to have anything to do with what the rest of the dude is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016
Does anyone have some mostly balanced starter Mordheim Warband lists?

The last time I played from scratch was in the 2001. In 2005 I took over a warband partway through a campaign. During my last gaming meetup one of my wife's friends asked if I have ever played it and several attendees expressed interest in trying it. I have enough figures to outfit pretty much any warband (I played Skaven, Orcs, Chaos Dwarves, and Empire/Dwarves back in Herohammer days), and I have made warbands before, but I was hoping someone out there had some starter lists since I have been out of the loop for a very long time. The average games will be either two or four players, any extra players will be wandering monsters. I do hope this takes and I can play another campaign. Or should I look into AOS Mordheim?

Is the best teaching mission for four player still a Monster Hunt?