Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Dreadwroth posted:

I like how they based so many games on Necromunda's ruleset, it shows how good it actually was possibly in spite of GW.

2nd Edition 40k stripped back to basics without any of the bloated nonsense that accompanied it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

all of these rule, where are they from

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2052977442/rumbleslam

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Part of me wonders whether this is GW calling the bluff of rose tinted idiots who insist that 2nd Ed 40k was literally the Best Thing Ever. Tweaked and updated skirmish rules using the old Necromunda as a starting point is one thing, but dumping them unchanged into a 2017 game is.. just wow.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

His power level is over 9000!

Dwarvenball Z

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

I heard anecdotally that LotR did good business with Dungeons n Dragons types who otherwise wouldn't have touched GW products with a ten foot pole.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

I like how they haven't even tried to change the player number on the copy/paste here.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Nifara posted:

Here's my Escher scheme:

Skulls for the Skull Throne.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

moths posted:

It's incredibly frustrating since old Necromunda didn't hit its stride until Outlanders, which will be Q3 2021 at this pace.

The Outlander gangs were hilariously broken though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

GW was gaining ground in non-English speaking countries so when they launched GM they translated it to Portuguese, Italian, French, Spanish and German and printed up distinct versions for each country. The problem being, when you do that, you can't shift inventory based on demand. If they sold through their German printing they couldn't just ship some over from Italy where the game tanked and because they had so much capitol invested in the different language versions they couldn't really afford to resupply countries that ran out. They were losing so much money storing these boxes that they ended up just giving them away to anyone that subscribed to White Dwarf for a year.

Back when GW stores did annual sales there was always a massive amount of Gorkamorka vehicles in the bargain bins.