Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I think they are meant to be doing a Superman punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That ogre is really cool. It's almost enough to make me want to pick up a human team. It's a shame the models in the box were so lacking in variety of poses.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

THE ADVENTURES OF SHITEHAIR & SHOULDERMONG

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Nerds were going to lose their poo poo in an embarrassing fashion no matter what 8th changed or did not change. It's the nature of manbabies.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Bowl-Troll

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's perfectly fine. It's a river troll throwing a goblin.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I quite like the pose. He's baseball pitching the gobbo.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Of the people looking at it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I should clarify, I go straight to the 360 views and don't even bother with static shots nowadays.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I have absolutely no disagreement with the assertion "GW cannot take photos for poo poo."

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's far more likely that the sculptor would know what a cricket bowl looks like than a baseball pitch. Also, I don't think this needs to be pointed out, but a Troll would probably love to make the Goblin bounce, and the Orks would certainly enjoy it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, Necromunda runs really well. The age of a rule set is irrelevant if they were good to begin with.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The degree of scarcity for this release is daft. At one per customer Element and Dark Sphere were both sold out before their emails were sent. GW's site seems to indicate it was genuinely just a splash release.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
UK store is still showing "sold out."

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That and Frenzy would be the ideal rule to hold back for Khorne Berserker or daemon kill teams.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

berzerkmonkey posted:

It's not being scared, it's self preservation - GW named the ATSKNF rule stupidly. HH-era Marines don't have the fanatical devotion that current SMs do. A CSM is more than willing to back away from a fight if it is in his best interest.

This is it precisely. It's a reflection of a breakdown in discipline.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Could be an issue with the mould. They keep them in secure storage, but it has been a hell of a long time since it was made.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's simple logistics. They will be aiming to make the bare minimum of items to cover the orders. If something isn't selling well they will get as close to filling a production run as they can and then mark it as sold out. Taking orders that would require an additional run doesn't make sense below a certain threshold.

If something sells extremely well, like Canoness Veridyan, then I would expect them to keep opening up more stock every time the number of "inform me when it's in stock" notifications hit the threshold to make a run worthwhile. Even if it goes beyond the planned window.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I would guess at between £25 & £35 If they are smart they will keep it as low as they reasonably can.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They've said the Sisters and Inquisition lists will be up for free on the 23rd.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Phyresis posted:

this meets your requirements, personally i keep my guys lean and cram as many fighters onto the team as i can

Absolutely. You want bodies over toys with the possible exception of at least one expensive gun, when you start out.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I want Kharn as a one man kill team.

*bangs knife and fork on table*

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Thundercloud posted:

Earlier in the thread I broke down a 4 model starting gang for Tyranids, and how to get a venom cannon in there after 1 match.

Cheers for that by the way, I've got it saved for if and when I get around to a Nid team.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They seem a bit visually cluttered, and I don't think that pure white background is helping at all with that specific colour scheme.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm in favour of the four pack, as that's all I want for my Orcs.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I mean no offence to you, but your friend is a dummy.

Ignoring the BS part (fnarr), I refuse to believe there is anyone who has been into 40k for more than a couple of years and not just accrued 20+ 'stealers simply through osmosis.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Crossposting from the 40k thread. Can I get some feedback on these two lists please.

GSC Gaping Maw Deep Delving Corp. — Genestealer Cults — 1000 points
Neophyte Leader — Bolt pistol (25), Chainsword (25)
Neophyte Heavy — Heavy stubber (120)
Neophyte Heavy — Flamer (40)
Neophyte Hybrid — Shotgun (20)
Neophyte Hybrid — Autogun (20)
Neophyte Initiate — Autopistol (15), Combat blade (knife) (5)

Or

Genestealer Cults — 1000 points
Neophyte Leader — Bolt pistol (25), Chainsword (25)
Neophyte Heavy — Heavy stubber (120)
Neophyte Heavy — Grenade launcher (frag) (85)
Neophyte Heavy — Flamer (40)
Neophyte Hybrid — Shotgun (20)
Neophyte Initiate — Autopistol (15)

I like that the second one has a grenade launcher, but I feel like dropping down to nine men and losing the third arm attack from that last Initiate is a bit too steep of a price.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Cheers. I'll go with the second list then I think.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Those Guardsmen look great. would you mind sharing how you did the fatigues, armour and their bases? The FW shotgun kit is really good, I'm intending to use it when I do a Guard team. I'm also going to chuck in bits of the plastic Cadian HQ and the FW rebreather kit. There's a very nice demo charge arm in there.

Shotguns look really cool, and they seem like they are vital if you're going up against Harlequins. At least early on. For those reasons I have a couple in my Scout team.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 10:44 on May 28, 2017

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Entirely true. But, shotguns on Scouts look cool. :colbert:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Thanks. I'm a filthy hoarder when it comes to paint recipes for models I like.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Can you not just start with an arbitrary number of randomly decided games under your belt?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I played my first non-PC game of Blood Bowl today. It's brilliant. As Orcs I managed 1-1 draws against Humans and Dwarfs, and a 2-1 defeat against Skaven. We had an entire half where the Dwarf player and my team failed to pick up the ball. A kick-off that started with one of my guys getting knocked out by a rock from the crowd. And while positioned to walk the ball into the end zone I took time out to shove a rat into the crowd, who murdered him.

In conclusion, this game is very much my thing, and never not injure Gutter Runners. Break their bones quickly.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
FW should be doing booster packs, but I think they've only released Goblin and Skaven ones so far.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It doesn't suck at all. If you want Old Necromunda you can use the old rules with the new models, so it's still good even if the rules suck. And there is absolutely no reason to write the new rules off yet when we know next to nothing about them.
Necromunda/SWA is a very good system, but it is also as old as gently caress and shows it.

Personally I'm hoping for 'turnover' events like in Blood Bowl.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Wizard Styles posted:

So how poo poo is the current 40k then?

It's really loving good.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Blood Bowl is entirely a game of managing risks and mitigating gently caress ups. Turnovers are what make the game exciting and kept people playing long after it was out of print. Turnovers are a truly brilliant mechanic.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Chaos Warriors without the huge drawback of no skills to deal with Turnovers during the early season would be hilariously overpowered.

In Necromunda I think it could work if it's in an alternating activation style. You're only losing a go with one guy if you mess up.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Blood Bowl without turnovers would be like sex without a goldfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I really like that the Escher gangers aren't anorexic cheescake like Infinity tends towards. They're muscular and scarred.