Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Is the Rynn's World book, a card pack and of course plane kits enough to play the game? I don't really want the the ork planes and I'm good on dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I suspect that skewing any army/faction/whatever heavily to one side or the other is bad design

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

they aren't obliged to directly make good an item bought from a third party retailer
Jesus Christ

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
So is there any chance at all we'll see a Cursed City expansion tomorrow?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I dig 'em.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Crackbone posted:

This is a very silly discussion.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

But there are only ten main body/legs combos, and they key together so hard I don't know how you could make a second squad not look like the first wearing different hats. The arms are keyed to the torsos, and the weapons are designed to fit specific arms, so changing poses looks extremely hard.
Hasn't this been the case for like every kit since at least the start of 8th edition?

Eediot Jedi posted:

thank you for your time, your consideration and choice to add me to your ignore list
The ignore list is for cowards

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Airstrike so you don't have to buy another box of figures

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

goatface posted:

What is going on on the back of his arm?
People with diabetes frequently struggle with wounds healing poorly as well

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Which 40k factions don't have any white dwarf/bespoke teams yet?

Necrons
Tyranids
Demons
Custodes

Am I missing any?
Grey Knights... and also Leagues I geuss?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

mllaneza posted:

The Intercessor KT has "Chapter Abilities". They aren't tied to specific chapters, but there are a dozen abilities to choose two from. Things like

Dueller: Each time this operative fights in combat, in the
Resolve Successful Hits step of that combat, each time it
parries with a critical hit, you can select an additional normal
hit of your opponent’s to be discarded.

Hardy: Each time a shooting attack is made against this
operative, in the Roll Defence Dice step of that shooting
attack, retained defence dice results of 5+ are critical saves
(instead of just 6)

Yeah, it looks like the Gunner has unlimited grenades now too? These are solid rules.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Well GW saved me some time in case my veteran guardsmen don't pan out. I reckon assault sergant smashing into things with power fist > than standard sarge with bolter?

Overall I'm inclined to agree, but a Bolt Rifle sergeant could perform better against an opponent who avoids melee combat. Might still be worth putting both together and deciding once you see the opponent and mission.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

WYSIWYG can suck it

Nice, I'm rebasing a Primaris Chaplain I've had sitting on my shelf to use as the world's coolest sergeant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I would definitely prefer GW take a more digital approach to rules publishing, but this card deck feels like a pretty cool QoL improvement and I'm looking forward to buying it