Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Out of all the cool games in the OP, Forbidden Stars is my fav. Scratches the epic and battle fleet itches, just a shame there'll never be any expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Scouts vs Orks seems pretty heavily weighted towards the Scouts.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

JcDent posted:

Found the foul xeno infiltrator

EDIT: to wash the taste of what the hell is wrong with you out of our mouths, lets look at the rules for Shadow Necromunda gangs that don't appear in the main box.

"Did you bring your Grey Knight Kill Team?"
"Yes, all five of them"

How are Tyranids changing their weapons, exactly? They always seemed pretty grown in to me.

Cassa fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 2, 2017

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Got to play some necromunda today, it's much better than I expected.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
drat that sounds super fun.

Your catachan look great and that floating battlefield is phenomenal.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Switching to Necromunda chat for a minute, a mate wants to play Enforcers, but they're not in either of the living rule books.

They worth grabbing?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Some mates bought big into Necromunda, so they're keen to play. Not having to buy into it is a huge boon, so there any solid advice out there for starting? Goliaths look pretty simple so I'm happy to run them.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

JcDent posted:

It's... kinda hard to get into melee.

Or I'm a terrible player.

The two things are probably true, let's be honest.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Necromunda: Dark Uprising

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Goonhammer has a few good article series on Necromunda.

So they do, thanks!

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Is it still worth it getting the original box for the gangs, tiles, and accessories? I understand the rulebook is basically a write off at this point

Yeah totally worth it, especially if you get a discount.

Cassa fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Nov 11, 2019

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Played some Underhive last night, we're mostly playing out of the OG starter box with the comprehensive rulebook + yaktribe builder. We wound up rolling a mission in the book, not thinking too much about it and got The Marauders.

So some Van Sarr came to the Goliath territory and got their poo poo smashed in, then the Goliaths went and picked a fight with Orlocks and were bushwhacked in turn.

Then all the Goliaths suffered a Critical Injury or straight up died in the post-phase. Woo.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Watching my poor aberrants spend three turns pinned was the worst. Make charge a basic action through a skill I beg you.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

JcDent posted:

To wit, the utter trash that's the Ferocity/Brawn tree (I forget which one)...

Brawn is garbage, Ferocity is half garbage.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
They're all on yaktribe if you wanna save yourself some $$$

Playing Caravan Heist tomorrow, real keen.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
That's super cool! Looks like a lot of fun overall.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

chippocrates posted:

I'm putting together some stuff for necromunda and was wondering if there are any good sources for weapons. I remember when necromunda was a thing originally that GW did weapon sprues (for IG etc) but that's not so much of a thing now.

I think they've all been moved to forgeworld.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Racing Stripe posted:

Okay, I might look into getting one of the Necromunda boxes. There's a $300 one (Dark Uprising, I think?) and a $100 one. Does that more expensive one really provide an extra $200 in value?

You could just grab the Necromunda Comprehensive Rulebook which is a fan compilation pdf which has everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Unstable means on an ammo check, 1/2/3 takes you ooa.
Reckless is something similar? Shock on rapid fire 3 is worth whatever else.